Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • light bicycle carbon wheels/rims
  • infidel
    Free Member

I saw the thread on these a month or two ago. Did anyone buy some and if so are you happy with them (or have you had near death exploding carbon experiences). I’ve seen the gazillion page mtbr post but it seems to mostly be people arguing with each other (arguing on the internets…noooo…?)

Anyway – I turn to the sage advice of STW…….

Jason
    Free Member
    boxfish
    Free Member

I bought the 26″ wider rims and laced them to DT 240S hubs. They weigh ~1500g and track beautifully, whilst really softening the ride. I realise that doesn’t make a lot of sense!

messiah
    Free Member

My 26″ rims are built but not ridden yet. Sub 1500g on Hope EVO hubs with Revolution spokes and alloy nipples (400g saving over the Hope/Hoop/Flow they replaced). They were easy to build and true unlike some superlight rims I’ve built in the past.

Set up tubeless no problem with my Conti Baron/RQ combo… and now hanging out in the garage until I put them on a bike.

andyl46
    Free Member

Mine are being shipped next week, flow width, crest weight, Just hope the Novatec Hubs will be ok and not weigh a ton!

infidel
    Free Member

I was thinking of getting a pair and having them built on a set of pro 2s I’ve got. Just need to fill up the ‘toys’fund first!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘light bicycle carbon wheels/rims’ is closed to new replies.