Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Life Hack – You Won't Believe This Incredible Tip! (contact lenses, araldite)
  • nedrapier

If you wear contact lenses, and occasionally use 2 part epoxy resin, keep one or two of the plastic lens capsules, they’re perfect for mixing small amounts – doesn’t spread all over the card/paper.

My life will never be the same again.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

U r lik Awzum!

scuttler

My english is very no good. For which eye does it matter I put clear resin in and then yellow. Thanks you for life tip hacking.

bikebouy
    Free Member

*swoonz

burgatedicky

Damned click-bait

zilog6128

rubbish, thought this was going to be about how to stop your lensing falling out

footflaps

rubbish, thought this was going to be about how to stop your lensing falling out

+1

is dizapont

jimjam
    Free Member

Hack?

benp1

Do you take the lenses out of the little pots first?

molgrips
    Free Member

That is a damn good idea. Congratulate yourself.

Harry_the_Spider

Anyone who uses the term Life Hack should be fired into the sun.

Klunk
    Free Member

postit* note pads are better for mixing epoxy on. * other brands are avaiable

footflaps

Yep, I use Postit notes and a match for mixing my contact lens adhesive.

scuttler

There’s biohacking now. OMFG.

In all honesty there’s some substance to it – people already do it at a basic level i.e. coffee in the morning but not at bedtime, regular sleep, yoga, but it’s being taken to another level by those twunks from California in order to promote ‘gaining a cognitive edge in our knowledge-driven world’. All very TED and nothing to do with sticking an iDevice up your hoop (yet).

grumpysculler
    Free Member

Read title. Put my lenses in. Then read thread. Balls.

GrahamS

I imagine epoxy might sort that out too

stumpy01

nedrapier – Member

If you wear contact lenses, and occasionally use 2 part epoxy resin, keep one or two of the plastic lens capsules, they’re perfect for mixing small amounts

I use them as water bowls for my pet dormouse.

maccruiskeen

A little bit of salt in one, little bit of pepper in the other – perfect travel condiment set if you’re having a picnic for one.

To make space for condiments in my contact lens case I put my contact lenses in a spectacle case, then put my specs in a shoe bag, put my shoes in a hat box and put my hat in a wheeliebin.

philjunior
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member

+1

DezB
    Free Member

I bought some shirts with those little plastic lolly sticks in the collar. I use them to mix up Araldite*. Have I dun a “life hack” too?

*not the shirts, the lolly sticks.

nedrapier

Floppy collars is what you’ve got, Dez..

DezB
    Free Member

Nothing floppy about my collars. Stuck some Araldite in em.

Sandwich

First offenders should get in the sea

hooli

Floppy collars is what you’ve got, Dez

Gives somebody a chance to come up with another useful like hack to stop collars going floppy 😉

nedrapier

He did it himself – Cloth Fibre Reinforced Epoxy Resin/Plastic Composite Collars.

He Never Had To Work Again After Following That One Weird Tip. Which was ironic, when he’d just sorted out his wardrobe of immaculately stiff-collared shirts.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member

+2

nedrapier

Sunny holiday coming up for ned then! 😀

CountZero

Daft comments on poor implementation of English aside, that’s not a bad idea, I must have thrown hundreds of those away over the years, I’ll keep a few around for just that purpose.
    I must remember not to use two-pack epoxy to keep my lenses in place, though, I’m sure it’ll lead to minor irritation…
    😉

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Life Hack – You Won't Believe This Incredible Tip! (contact lenses, araldite)’ is closed to new replies.