• This topic has 23 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by PHC.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Life Cycle Film
  • ceekay
    Free Member

Just got back from the screening in Glasgow GFT…..absolutely fantastic. The photography is superb, the soundtrack is great and the riding is just out of this world.
    Congrats to the makers and congrates to Sanny for getting it first for Glasgow.
    I must practice. I must practice. I must practice.

Sanny
    Free Member

Cheers Ceekay

I’m glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was stunning. It’s definitely raised the bar when it comes to mountain bike films. The HD looked amazing. I’m glad I waited to see it on the big screen.

If anyone else saw it, interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

Sanny

_tom_
    Free Member

Is there going to be a bluray available for purchase? If it’s any good I might get one 🙂

edit – looks like it yeah. Can’t see a release date or anywhere to preorder in the uk yet though?

Mark

We will have copies in the next couple of weeks.

RRP is £24.99

Subscribers will get a considerable discount on that though 🙂

didgerman
    Free Member

Guys, I didn’t think it was that good: not enough riding, too much granddad. Glad I saw it, but is it up there with the best? Not really.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Have to agree- visually very stunning, but not exciting in any way.

Vast was good, as was the evening as a whole.

_tom_
    Free Member

Oh, annoying. Is it ike Follow Me where there’s just too much slow motion to be exciting? Might still get it though, being a film/camera geek I just like seeing nice footage 😆

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Depends what you like- not seen Follow Me.

It may bebetter watched the second time but I personally wouldn’t buy it- visuals wouldn’t be as impressive on a small screen.

Sure there will be plenty who loved it!

PS sent you a PM on SDH _tom_!

flamejob
    Free Member

We will have copies in the next couple of weeks.

RRP is £24.99

Subscribers will get a considerable discount on that though

Note to self; Never Pre-Order direct from the makers.

Spud

+1 with Flamejob

atlaz
    Free Member

Wonder why they don’t just get the HD version onto iTunes for purchasing if they’re having probs with the bluray. I’d have had a copy already.

ART

yup still waiting for my pre-order too…. 🙁

Sanny
    Free Member

Getting on iTunes isn’t as straight forward as you think. Anthill Films struggled to get a UK release on iTunes thus have had to so it themselves after six months of hitting their heads against a brick wall. The guys behind Lifecycles first commitment is to everyone that pre-ordered a copy so you will be the first to get them. 😀 I only got screener copies last week. If you look at their site, their is an explantion of why they missed their deadline for sending out the film. Believe me, it’s a major ballache for them to have to deal with as they don’t want anyone to be disappointed.

Cheers

Sanny

flamejob
    Free Member

We’ll test what Sanny says. I’ll post here as soon as the disc lands on my floormat/postbox/couriermanagestofindmyflat

GuyFox40
    Free Member

For me it was definately a film for the big screen, really enjoyed it.
    Vast was pretty good as well and probably more likely to buy it on dvd just so i can keep saying “i want to ride that” when it comes to the bit alongside the glacier

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m headed up to ambleside to see this tomorrow. pretty excited for it too. anyone else going?

Sanny
    Free Member

Vast seemed to surprise a lot of folk. The trails around the Matterhorn look terrific. Nice touches of humour in the film. Hope you enjoy tomorrow night.

Cheers

Sanny

rs
    Free Member

I heard 18th nov for itunes but don’t know if this is us/canada only.

flamejob
    Free Member

Vast is on iTunes episode 1 & 2. Surely this is a great distribution model for small producers?

I thought it was really nicely shot. I bought it and watched it on one of my commute flights to get away from all the holidaymakers 🙂

I am still yet to receive Life Cycles and doubt whether I’ll pre-buy a film again (months before production ended) as it is considerably cheaper to buy from the ST DVD shop. Quite disappointing.

Jimbo
    Free Member

Life Cycles now available on iTunes UK. £9.99 to buy, £3.49 to rent 🙂

flatfish
    Free Member

Whilst i thought the cinematography was fantastic i struggled with the film content itself, i found my mind wandering. Come the end i was kind of glad it had finished.
    Shame really as i feel they could have done so much better.

PHC
    Free Member

Anyone know if the version of Life Cycles available on UK iTunes is HD or not? I assume not, on the basis that it doesn’t specify HD, but not sure.

I got it last night on itunes. I couldnt tell you if it was hd or not to be honest? However whilst its a good watch, and the cinematography in it is undoubtedly fantastic as well as the riding it is a little disappointing. The riding is amazing but for it being 50 mins long I don’t really thing there is enough riding content. For example the section with Mike Hopkins where he hits the maaaahosive hip you only really see it once?

PHC
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ve heard similar thoughts elsewhere and figured that if the cinematography was the main attraction, HD would be the way to go. Not sure I want to spend £10 on a (potentially) SD version!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Life Cycle Film’ is closed to new replies.