Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 136 total)
  • Life after Breaking Bad!
  • sneakyg4
    Free Member

Have to second stuartie’s suggestion for spiral, engaging plot, brilliant characters, reminds me every time I watch it why I love France so much.

French woman wearing a vest, simply does not get better than that.

batfink
    Free Member

McConaghy is turning out to be an outstanding actor these days

^ going to watch Dallas Buyers Club this weekend, on the strength of his performance in True Detective.

seosamh77
    Free Member

batfink, you’ll not be dissappoint, superb performance. shout out for jared leto too in that.

TooTall
    Free Member

I can’t say enough good about Justified. Utterly under rated and with the best characters of any series. It just keeps on giving.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

+1 for House of Cards and the second series starts on 14th Feb

scotsman
    Free Member

Game of Thrones
    Hannibal
    Banshee
    Eastbound and Down

adrec
    Free Member

I’m working my way through life on Mars on Netflix, and will be watching ashes to ashes after that. Not seen them since they were on TV first time round. Well worth a watch if you’ve not seen them before

Pigface
    Free Member

I can’t get on with Breaking Bad, what is wrong with me?

I think all bases have been covered in previous posts. Wire, The Bridge, The Walking Dead, Sopranos and Band of Brothers are all unmissable.

Quick question, does Sons of Anarchy come back after the Irish bit because I gave up then as it got a bit silly.

kimbers

Yeah we all like to forget the terrible Irish accents. The cartel becomes the new baddies luckily

Same IRA involvement in Oz brought extra shakiness

grievoustim
    Free Member

I’m also watching True Detective (its going to be on Sky Atlantic in the UK, so … you know what to do) – it is looking to be great stuff

apparently each season will be a new story with a different cast

McConaghy is so good – if you want to see other recent stuff he’s great in then try Killer Joe and Mud.

DezB
    Free Member

No-one else caught Hell On Wheels?

Danny79
    Free Member

Justified is very good Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins are both great in it.

Only show missing off the list is The Blacklist dunno if it’s out in the UK yet, kind of over the top but James Spader is excellent as Red.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGBIimq1I3A[/video]

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Californication was good for a giggle
    Justified
    Sons of Anarchy

scud
    Free Member

+1 for Wire, the Shield, Justified and Sons of Anarchy

If you don’t mind french subtitles, Braquo is brilliant.

Have a look at Falling Skies which is a low budget alien invasion thing, but well done.

But for retro great series from the 80’s i picked up all 3 series of Tour of Duty off Amazon, great original Vietnam series.

lowey

Just finished BB yesterday. Very good. l thought the twist at the end of season 4 was brilliant. Never saw it coming at all.

Was going to watch The Wire next but its not on Netflix! Grrrr.

ahwiles
    Free Member

I am a Breaking Bad addict.

house of cards has helped me move on.

i simply cannot be bothered with series that go on, and on, and on.

and on.

and on.

and on.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Reading all these has made me realise i have a life, Band of Brothers being the only one i’ve ever watched.

youngrob

Forgot about Banshee, pretty brutal at times but brilliant programme.

z1ppy

Didn’t get Breaking bad at all.
    Where are ppl watching true detective, as it’s not on sky yet (unless on a demand option?)? I am looking forward to it, but I’ve always like McConaghy & Harrelson is a bonus

I’ll agree with Person of interest is good, though don’t expect it to be too deep just good fun, I’d suggest Justified and the Black list come into the same category – all three are very watchable (take you brain out though).
    As for Banshee, what a crock of shite.

steve-g
    Free Member

Some good recomendations above, and glad to see Life on Mars getting a mention, Ashes to Ashes however does not live up to it.

Can I add Six Feet Under to the list of absolutely top draw shows to watch, up there with The Wire, The Sopranos etc

and Heroes to the list of good stuff, along with Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Person of Interest etc

DezB
    Free Member

As for Banshee, what a crock of shite
    Totally agree – one writer’s wnak fantasy.

Southland repeats are on Chan4 late at night. Great series.

Drac

Bloody hell how do some of you watch so much TV?

I thought I spent a lot of time watching it when I wake during the day when I’m on nights. I’m still working my way through Breaking Bad I’m up to S4E9 I think and that’s take me months.

oldboy
    Free Member

Just bought Breaking Bad on Blu-ray – can’t wait!

OP, presume you have seen The Wire, The Sopranos and The Killing; if not you definately should.

themilo
    Free Member

Only one mention for Californication? I started watching it again from the start after breaking bad withdrawal. It still manages to be entertaining, clever, scary and moving the second time around. Probably my favourite alongside BB.

themilo
    Free Member

Maybe don’t watch it with the missus though…….

footflaps

Bloody hell how do some of you watch so much TV?

No kids, no TV, hence no distractions.

We worked through BB watching 1-2 episodes every night. Still took over a month to watch them all…..

mactheknife

Oldboy, stick with it, Season 1 is a very very slow burner. More of a story set up.
    2. is good. 3 is ace. 4. is gobsmackingly good and 5. well, so gutted it ended.

I am lost 🙂

Gilesey
    Free Member

No one mentioned Boss yet?

Boss.

Drac

No kids, no TV, hence no distractions.

Still an awful lot of TV to watch especially when you haven’t got one. 😕

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Hannibal….Hannibal…Hannibal….did I say Hannibal?

The first few episodes are average but the series really comes into it’s own about half way through with the last few episodes being utterly brilliant….Mads Mikkleson’s Hannibal blows Anthony Hopkins character out of the water! The plot and acting becomes so nuanced and engrossing towards the end which also has some brilliant twists.

lodious
    Free Member

Bit old school, and I dunno if it’s available on Netflix, but The Lakes (written by Jimmy McGovern and starring John Simm) was the best TV series ever IMHO. Total class.

mikey3
    Free Member

MAC what is dexter season 8 like? I’ve watched the others so I will watch it at some point but money is tight and am in two minds whether to buy it or wait for the library to have it in because I’ve read the reviews and they say its crap.

seavers
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIom3LSbB0I[/video]

coolhandluke
    Free Member

[gloat] Late comer to the Breaking bad thing, I’m only half way through series 2! [/gloat]

mactheknife

Mikey3, in so many ways i was wishing Dexter 8 to be good, as 7 was pretty poor by anybody’s standards. BUtT in reality it was guff. So many holes in the stories and as unrealistic as Dexter ever was it just fell into absolute absurdity.

I loved the books and the early seasons but they definitely lost their way towards the end. Dexter rip!!

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Broadchurch if you didnt catch it first time round.

Les Revenants is very good too.

chakaping
    Free Member

Deadwood.

Ian mcshane as the greatest anti-hero in TV history.

batfink
    Free Member

Where are ppl watching true detective, as it’s not on sky yet

it’s on teh internetz….

sadexpunk

im in the same boat as a few others with BB, trying to blitz it in a month. dont think we’ll make it tho, just finished episode 10 of series 3, about 7 days left on netflix, so might have to extend it 😀

loving it so far, altho just watched ‘the fly’ episode which seemed a complete waste of film…..

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Those dead eyes! 😯

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgy4vQfVYhc[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Life after Breaking Bad!’ is closed to new replies.