Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Lidl bike work stand
  • swingbing
    Free Member

These are in Lidl at the moment for £30. Wonder if it’s up to the job?

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/SID-D0CB7835-EF2CA3FC/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_32414.htm

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Clamp’s possibly a bit small for some tubes? 4 feet a benefit though.

kayak23

Mine has been spot on. Just accept its limitations. I added a couple of bolts to prevent the clamps from rotating. Sweet stand.

I’m sure it would be better balanced using the top tube, but I always clamp the seat post.

Scapegoat

Better than no stand at all, but after a few hours work the various adjustable bits on mine became a pain to adjust, and now I can’t get enough friction into the clamping arm for it to hold the bike where I want it.. it rotates, especially if you want a wheel in one end and not the other.

If you’re skint and need a stand, buy it and accept its limitations. If you can afford a better one then buy a better one.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Depends how much wrenching you do, I suppose. I’ve got one, and it’s great for small jobs like when I fail to index my gears.

swingbing
    Free Member

I’ve survived without one until now, I think if I get one it’ll have to do the job properly. Think I’ll hold on for a bit and wait until my cash-flow improves!

saladdodger
    Free Member

ok so they are not “Park” but they are £30 and I have one

Would I get another er NO !!!!!!

Why cos there is nothing wrong with the stand and basically its built to last so I will have mine for a long time and there is no need to replace it.

Brilliant and only £30

swingbing
    Free Member

Ok, Got one. Very impressed, much more heavyweight than I was expecting. Mines working great so far and I have the bike rotated at every possible angle whilst doing a bleed today 😀

ourmaninthenorth

Got one yesterday. Already have a bench mounted stand in the garage, but there are times when wrenching the bike elsewhere would be really handy. So, I figured £30 was fine, and if I don’t use it someone will prob want it.

phiiiiil

I picked one up yesterday; very impressed, much better than what I thought it would be. Assembled in no time at all, I like the adjustable folding legs rather than just a bolted together stand, seems very sturdy and it didn’t have any problems holding a bike at a jaunty angle when I tried it.

DrP

I got one too – my ‘two legged one’ frequently falls over in wind, or if I knock it, so this will be the working stand, the other the ‘cleaning stand’!

DrP

qwerty
    Free Member

I brought one yesterday, now I just need to build a garage for it to sit in, I couldn’t resist a peek and set it up in the lounge today, looks good for the cash. Chief complaint from others seems to be it rotating but that’s remedied by a bolt.

Coyote
    Free Member

Bought one and used it last night to index my gears. Seems OK but difficult to be too objective as it’s the only one I’ve owned.

Good solid construction overall and the four legs definitely add stability.

Not so good? Well the clamp doesn’t seem to be the most sturdy design I’ve come across.

Edric64
    Free Member

Well they had 3 left this afternoon when I bought mine, The clamp seems a bit flimsy .It wobbles a bit when rotating the cranks but they have a 3 year warranty which is good

shindiggy
    Free Member

still 20+ left at Lidl Winson Green near Birmingham

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lidl bike work stand’ is closed to new replies.