• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by rig.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • li-on battery memory help.
  • wormhole

so here i am with my nice new lights, really pleased with them too!!

null

i know DX blah blah, but i couldnt wait and always been pleased with on-one/planet x stuff in the past.

anyway, i ran them for about two hours last night and the battery seemed to have loads left. the question is should i just put it on charge or should i run it to empty first?

any help appreciated.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Lithium batteries do not suffer from 'memory effect' like Nicads used to.

rig
    Free Member

I don't know wormhole – I've just used my Mi-Newts for the first time & am wondering the same.

No advice was given in the instructions & so I tried to run them down, but 24 hours later there was still a glimmer of light in there.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wormhole

my instructions didnt help, mind you they were a poor translation from tiawan or somewhere… 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

There is no point running down lithium cells, it just wastes their life to no benefit 🙁

joemarshall
    Free Member

Don't run them down. Running them right down (past where the lights stop working well) is bad for them. Whatever you do, don't leave them on for 24 hours like Roddy describes, you risk breaking the battery completely.

Best thing is just to charge them back up. Basically, they have a limited number of charging cycles, and half a charge only uses half a charging cycle.

The only complicated thing with li-ion batteries is that if you're leaving them for a long time, it is best to leave them at about half charge, as the batteries last longer that way.

Joe

wormhole

thats what i wanted to know thanks Joe.

Nezbo
    Free Member

I was looking through the manual (I know man and manual don’t mix but I was board at the time) of my new LUU light and it says that i should not compleatly flaten the battery, as it can cause damage.

Also as Trailseeker says lithium batteries do not suffer from memory effect or off milk effect.

rig
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice Joe – I won't try it again!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘li-on battery memory help.’ is closed to new replies.