Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • LGBT Junior School Nativities?
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

your posts are a brilliant insight into your inner turmoil with modern life. Very funny post. 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s a miracle! Daddy Mary is pregnant

😀

Local primary had to cancel their play as the paper found out that they wanted to mention Jesus, the Bible and sing Away in a Manger. Fortunately the kids were saved and all is well.

LGBT secular nativity plays sound like vegetarian sausages – what’s the point? Stick to plain vegetarian food…

perchypanther
    Free Member

White boy in the ring?

Josephs adopted child of indeterminate gender from a partners previous relationship just doesn’t fit the tune

miketually
    Free Member

Most of the kids in British nativity plays will be white, despite all the characters being black.

Shocking revisionism!

RustySpanner

I’ve just shown this thread to my wife, who has informed me that our 3 year old grand daughter is playing Frosty the Snowman in this year’s nativity play.
    🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Local primary had to cancel their play as the paper found out that they wanted to mention Jesus, the Bible and sing Away in a Manger.

No they didn’t.

enfht
    Free Member

Junky (aka Snowflake) are you serious… ain’t my inner turmoil buddy.

senorj

My boy is a shepherd ,with a line don’t you know.
    His costume is ,in actual fact ,a dress.

project
    Free Member

In a school nativity play i was one of the 3 wise men, how misguided they where.

Cougar

In a school nativity play i was one of the 3 wise men, how misguided they where.

So we see. (-:

bearnecessities

Just wait a few years until they have to write in Mary being able to pick the sex of her baby.

That’s going to really **** things up!

anagallis_arvensis

My 6 year old came home from school the other day…. “we all believe in Jesus dont we” “err no”.
    Few months ago it was “I know how babies are made” “really, how”. “When a man and a women love each other and get married….” “errrr you do realise your mum and I arent married dont you? “WHAT?”

ade9933
    Free Member

err.. acting?

pretty sure mine weren’t too scarred by being sheep, donkeys, ninja turtles, skeletons or mountaineers in their christmas plays. Then again, it would be nice to have something to blame…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No they didn’t.

Correct, I was joking, they never planned to mention Jesus. That would have made national news.

miketually
    Free Member

they never planned to mention Jesus. That would have made national news.

Weird, because Jesus has been mentioned in every primary school Christmas performance that I’ve attended, every year, for the last ten years.

It hasn’t once made the news, and the atheist, Hindu and Muslim parents in the audience didn’t burn a Bible or anything.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😀

Murray

“didn’t burn a Bible or anything” – have you seen how hot you have to get a book before it’ll burn? They should make a book or a film about it.

kimbers

Who cares who plays the parts? Largely irrelevant but buggering about with a traditional story to fit modern views is just plain stupid. The origins of the story has wise men I believe and thus cannot be changed. Wise persons! Crap and nonsense

hahaha, you jest surely

you musnt mess with the story of a completely made up tale that has been rehashed countless times over history to suit the agenda of the storyteller

Kimbers jr was a paige to a wise man in the whoopsy-daisy angels nativity this very morning, im not sure there were paiges in the nativity I recall- heresey!!

tbh I wasnt really paying attention to the plot, the gender of the characters or its adherence to the official matsscm approved version of the nativity, it was just a lot of fun and my son just kept grinning and waving at me, which I liked

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Seriously what’s the problem, much better kids have an idea about the real world rather than emerge from school as shell shocked and confused teenagers who have been told everything that isn’t man/woman married before kissing etc isn’t normal. Might lead. To some more open minded people rather than those complaining about pc gawn mad for no reason other than their fear of change. As pointed out on another thread hatred and shunning of groups of people going through exceptionally tough times with little or know support or understanding and teaching other kids they are wrong is leading to suicide. Is that the price you want to pay to indoctrinate kids into a made up version of a vague religious event where we have already replaced all the characters with good white people?

hammerite
    Free Member

As a teacher who has had to put together Christmas plays and carol concerts… we really don’t put a huge amount of thought in to it. Yes we want to do a good job, yes we want to do something that’s as close to entertaining as we can manage, but do we go out of our way to be thought provoking or to make a statement… not usually!

Regardless of my personal beliefs that 2000 years on the nativity story would probably end up on Jeremy Kyle, the children on the whole really enjoy the story and on the whole we stick to the traditional version of it. That doesn’t mean to say that a girl won’t be one of the wise men etc… we generally just pick the children who are less likely to have a melt down in front of 200 parents*, or who will be heard over the clicking of fake camera sounds, babies crying and chairs scraping.

*that said I worked really hard with the quietest boy in my class to get his confidence and voice volume to a level that meant he could welcome and introduce everyone to our concert this year.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It would probably be a great opportuinity to invite some refugees from the region in to give context about how hard that sort of journey is especially in an occupied country/area.

hammerite
    Free Member

Mike – no invite needed, they’re our pupils/parents of our pupils. We haven’t tried tapping in to their experiences yet though as some of them are pretty harrowing.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘LGBT Junior School Nativities?’ is closed to new replies.