Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 347 total)
  • Lets have a "show off your gravel bike" thread.
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

This is my go to bike, so capable off road, good on the road, has had more money spent on it than ever it’s worth (the avid shorty ultimate cantis were over £100.00) but a proper keeper :-

[url=https://flic.kr/p/xrtNj2]P1000428[/url] by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/wu2xWt]P1000429[/url] by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

epicyclo

Nipper99 – Member
    …has had more money spent on it than ever it’s worth…

When you do that with a bike, it’s a good sign that its worth more than its price.

tang
    Free Member

Here my custom in a different guise ready for some light (wet) touring next week in Wales. I will be hunting unpaved roads etc. Lidarets road link means 11-36(or40) is possible on a short road mech. I’ve plumbed for a 36t Blackspire n/w ring. The 40c WTB nano race look good and theres loads of clearance on the ENVE fork.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/xvxMmJ]Untitled[/url] by tangwyn, on Flickr

Plenty of room
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/xxSi8P]Untitled[/url] by tangwyn, on Flickr

amedias
    Free Member

Grrrrravelly enough? (actually more of a tourer, but it’s pretty flexible)

also, a jelly fish!

PJ266
    Free Member

I have now put about 500 miles on the Challenge Strada Biancas, mostly road, though recently taken on some fireroads and singletrack.

I like them, understandably limited offroad (they are still slicks afterall) but fast enough that I was able to cling on to a fast road ride with some mates.

Mostly riding around Sydney, but the last couple of days I have been up in the Blue Mountains around Katoomba.

I would like to try some Compass Barlow Pass though.

amedias
    Free Member

I would like to try some Compass Barlow Pass though.

Thats what I’ve been using above ^ surprisingly good over those fist sized rocks on the beach

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup I’m getting a pair of those Barlows too..

Just put the Griffos back on since the weather gone all “damp” but strangely this weekend looks (and feels) stinky hot 8)

firestarter
    Free Member

Ive just fit a pair of schwalbe 35mm marathon racers. Should be a bit smoother on the road and still be ok on dry bridleways. I thought i better swap them as im planning on a club run tomorrow and ive already got rohloff dynamo and belt drive i think turning up with cx tyres would really have been a step too far 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

Well did 80 miles yesterday in a right mix of weather. First 60 miles hot sunshine mix of roads gravel grass mud then thr downpour happened the rain hurt my face i could hardly see anything so glad i had my lights on. And the roads were more like rivers storm drains firing water out and hub deep water in places. When i could see the road it was full of sticks glass broken car bits alsorts so god knows what i was riding on. But i did not slip or slide once and i didnt have a p and they roll better than the cx speed that ive also had lots of punctures with 😉

steelfan
    Free Member

My Escapade in touring mode. It was the last purple in stock at Cotic and they had run out of purple forks so I bought the orange and it matches the logo quite well. Running a mix of old 9 speed ultegra shifters 8 speed xt chainset and rear mech. will upgrade when it all stops working.

boblo
    Free Member

@steelfan. You are a 1970’s Rastafarian and I will claim my £5 😛

solarider
    Free Member

The ‘gravel’ round these parts seems to have turned from dust to sludge over the last few days……

kb111
    Free Member

A few images of my adventure bike, not much gravel here in Tahoe 8)

captcaveman
    Free Member

This is my Trek X02, very light, a bit too stiff for the stuff I now use it for and still on V brakes.
    It’s slowly morphing from aggressive race machine to a lightweight off-roader for the hills

40and 42mm tires (WTB Nano rear, Crossride front), bars higher (flipped stem), lower gears (34/27 is lowest and may go to 24/32 in future)

And no, it’s not missing any spokes and the wheels stay true despite a battering – I have even taken in down the South Wales gap once (with a bit of walking!) I have snapped one spoke, damaged when the chain slipped off the cassette, they are very light

rollodes
    Free Member

Something a bit more retro,my mid 90’s, polished alu, caad 4 f1000 with some big old slicks. Great on road and path and looks pretty fresh (i thinka!) Photos

skeletor

My Croix de Fer after a ride on the North York Moors:

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Pending

mcnultycop

How is that going to stop?

wiggles
    Free Member

Most recent pic I have. Now has a shorter stem and 31c Vittoria XN pros which just about squeeze under the mudguards. Mainly just used to commute along the towpath bit have actually used it more than the MTB these last few months…

beanum

I’m loving my new (old model) Escapade. There are a lot of broken tarmac, gravel and concrete slab farm tracks round here (rural Switzerland) and no crazy hills that I can’t cope with in 34×32. I changed to a hardtail when I moved here but it’s being used less and less now…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LohbX7]Escapade and Mont Blanc[/url] by Beanum, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Hes81M]Yverdon trip 2[/url] by Beanum, on Flickr

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

My second Arkose , just in another color ! …. in bike packing mode

isitafox
    Free Member

Really need to change the tyres at some point!

isitafox
    Free Member

How the hell do you post pics from Flickr?

antigee

think same as photobucket

open the pic full size choose the copy IMG option the one with [ brackets like these ] and copy the IMG link straight into the post, don’t bother with the buttons at the top they just confuse the easiness

edit and make sure is public

antigee

or switch to photobucket 😆

spring has sprung in the southern hemisphere – must get a new bike though, this is an old thread and pretty sure it will be up there somewhere:

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Finished. It’s fun. 35mm Compass tyres on 23mm internal rims – come up as 37mm. Plush.

KidCragg
    Free Member

Beanum what bar tape is that on your Cotic?

theboatman
    Free Member

Another GT Grade, from the lower end of the line but with some classifieds upgrades, and I love it!

[/url]IMG_20160918_123423 by IamDeathside, on Flickr[/img]

tang
    Free Member

Mines had 29×1.75 on this summer and low gearing, been great fun.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

still stunning

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Just stumbled across this thread. Here’s a pic of my tripster atr.

monkeyboyjc

thread on how it was made here

My bamboo gravel bike….

ElShalimo

root-n-5th – Member

– ‘aint that a Cotic

superstu
    Free Member

***Nice looking bike klaxon***

I’ve just taken delivery of an arkose in the same blue as the one up there on this page. Taking it for a shake down this weekend, cannot wait

hughjayteens
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QNS9PQ]GT Grade in the fog[/url] by CJK007, on Flickr

oreetmon
    Free Member

Been following this thread for a while. Early Poster got it spot on for me. My Mtb just gets used for short thrill seeking blasts nowadays and is a chore on the longer rides I want to do.

Is it an age thing, I’m 40-ish, got first Atb in 94 , Raleigh m-trax (I think) and just rode for the adventures it could take me on

My first dropbar bike is being delivered on Monday (Raleigh mustang)

…………..I’ve booked the week off work 😉

razorrazoo

Wintering at the local dirt jumps.

Nipper99
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PJg3a3]20161217_125106[/url] by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

squealer
    Free Member

I just got this

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 347 total)

The topic ‘Lets have a "show off your gravel bike" thread.’ is closed to new replies.