Viewing 27 posts - 321 through 347 (of 347 total)
  • Lets have a "show off your gravel bike" thread.
  • root-n-5th
    Free Member

@ElShalamo: Yes a Cotic Escspade mk1. Just thought I’d see how many alarm bells I could ring. Good bike. Got the medium for shorter reach but I get a bit of toe overlap with my size elevens. Will be trying some narrower tyres soon as it has knard 41c on at present.

I do like the tripster atr though, but can’t really justify the outlay on the frame.

Always liked the GT Grade – very striking in an odd sort of way. Rode the alloy version and liked it, but not the graphics. I expect the carbon is great.

Looking at replacing the little used road bikes soon for something more versatile and the GT keeps coming into view. Wish it had more tyre clearance. The Cotic is a pretty good all-rounder though so just some different wheels would probably work.

nedrapier

lovely, squealer! what are those tyres? google says maybe dth, but name on the logo looks longer?

Here’s another one of this one, chunky tyres and bikepacky:

and there’s this one, new to me but 30 years old. Maybe room for 35s, definitely 32s. Mavic ahead of the curve with 26mm wide module 4 rims.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I bought this Norco last month.

It’s seen a lot of sand as well as gravel,fatbike next! 😆

antigee

Kinesis pro6 heading the hills new year break

squealer
    Free Member

@nedrapier they’re maxxis roamer 42c skinwall.

Interesting design as they’re pretty much a slick but with a decent width and volume. They feel pretty good so far although maybe a little slow rolling.

thv3
    Free Member

Another Arkose, bloody cold today out there though!

bob_summers

Apart from commute and foul weather training duties, my 105 carbon Grade doesn’t do a bad job in the hills. I have to hike a bike a bit more of the trails, but then I can use backlanes or vías verdes to link up two or more trails. Just has 32mm Sectors on hunt wheels, and I’ll pop some cx rubber on the stock wheels to make it a bit more capable

ElShalimo

Bob – where is that? It looks lovely.

Bregante

Mine isn’t the most photogenic of beasts – hence the only images I have of it are from this sort of angle! It’s not strictly speaking a “gravel” bike either – but I do love the way my Kinesis Pro5 rides and the flexibility to disappear off down a bridleway when it takes my fancy. All in it’s probably cost me £300 so Pound for Pound it’s easily the best value bike I own.

bob_summers

Both are round and about here El Shalimo, Basque Country near San Sebastian. 2nd is actually the reservoir my tap water comes from!

ElShalimo

Thanks Bob – it must be amazing having that landscape nearby.

sq225917
    Free Member

Dirty bit of my Bish Bash Bosh, 10 months in still on the same gear cable, i’d not worry about it.

Here she is dressed up for the winter commute. 30 mile a day 10 on road twenty on tow path.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Travers DRITi and Lauf Grit fork

monkeyboyjc

Oooo that DIRTi is lovely – what are the bars?

wzzzz
    Free Member

SNAP Squeeler. Although I bought a frame only.

With 700x43C Soma Cazadero, lots of clearance

Now looks like this with the very impressive, lightweight and fast rolling Vittoria Hyper 38 tyres from DFS

Will be running Bruce Gordon Rock n Road for the Dirty Reiver.

lardman
    Free Member

so, if my bike has straight bars does it make it a gravel bike, or a 29er?

tang
    Free Member

It makes it a hybrid! That’s what my dad calls mine

JohnClimber
    Free Member

monkeyboyjc – Member
    Oooo that DIRTi is lovely – what are the bars?

Digest Bars

LMT
    Free Member

So my crosstrail is a hybrid, not gravel? Saying that it’s a great bike, rode 30 miles on the road to Cannock, ftd on it, then back to Birmingham then canals home, surely that’s the essence of a gravel bike?

kev1n
    Free Member

My new Gravel Bike, it is really cool with wide tires.

matts
    Free Member

Tripster does the SDW

shedbrewed
    Free Member

In the gloaming

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Ts7HYV]Raleigh[/url] by Shedbrewed, on Flickr

Deeply uncool Raleigh Maverick comp with SRAM rival 2×11.
    X9 24/38T crankset
    Salsa Cowbell 3 bars
    generic carbon seat pin.
    EA70 stem
    Cambium C17 saddle
    XTR spds.
    Wheels are DTSwiss XM421 on Hope Pro4 rear and SP dynamo front.
    Currently on Compass Barlow Pass 38s, have got some Rock n Roads in the shed ready.
    It weighs loads, but is really rather nice to ride.
    Gets used a lot for hauling the boy around

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RTch3o]Boy in trailer[/url] by Shedbrewed, on Flickr

Dave
    Free Member
    cakeyboy
    Free Member

Not sure how to post pictures on here, if the link works, here is my 1x xt di2 Mason bokeh !

ElShalimo

Anyone got a Ridley X-Trail alloy?

welshfarmer

Finally fitted some decent rubber to my Roker Pro tonight (after the road tyres exploded on a cattle grid!) 40 on the back and 47 on the front. Certainly made for a plush ride and was great on the gravel and off-road bits. Noticed the increased drag on the roads mind

Viewing 27 posts - 321 through 347 (of 347 total)

The topic ‘Lets have a "show off your gravel bike" thread.’ is closed to new replies.