Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Lets discuss Single speed full suspension
  • tommid
    Free Member

Hairychested – Member
    Nicknoxx, mail me how much you’re after please. And be sensible

Woooh Wooohhh Woooohhhh I get first dibs. Its my thread… I’ll fight you for it. On the school field after double maths you and me sonny Jim.

Hairychested
    Free Member

[dreaming]
    Of course it is, but you MIGHT be daft and say no to a ridiculously low price 😉
    [/dreaming]

singlespeedstu

I had a kona A for a while and TBH thought it was a bit pants.
    Just couldn’t seem to get the balance right between it bobbing all over the place on climbs and still working on bumpy stuff.

I sold it to someone one here, don’t know if they still have it though.

2005_1221nightride0040 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I really don’t know what it’s worth, they don’t come up on ebay very often so it’s hard to make a comparison. I’ll post some pics up tomorrow so you know what you’re looking at. And I’ll see if I can find the spare dropout.

eviljoe
    Free Member

DSC_0463 by tigger_joe, on Flickr
    SS Voodoo Canzo Ti- brought back from retirement to SS. URT too, so doesn’t bob much, and tbh, I use the lockout most of the time 🙂

adeward
    Free Member

this is my first attempt at single speed full suspension bike built in 1999 for the cheddar singlespeed race,, here it is 10 years later doing some suspension testing at brookes uni

and here is the next one I built,, you all know him as Preston,,, ok some of you might,,, and remember a weed is only a plant in the wrong place

psychle
    Free Member

God that bike is ugly… but interesting at the same time, beguiling even… I’d like to give a PRST a go one of these days, am always quite tempted by ’em when they occasionally pop up for sale, have resisted so far…

Rickos
    Free Member

But single speeds are meant to be things of beauty, unfettered lines and no superfluous cables. Most of these offend my eyes…especially that Preston (although that Castellano looks OK). And what is that monstrosity of a chain tensioner? It makes me shudder looking at it.

adeward
    Free Member

I’m Sorry Rickos if you are offended by Preston’s lack of beauty, I feel he has an inner beauty,
    ok he may have different size wheels and a nasty (but very reliable) chaintensioner,, odd paint and teeth

but I love him

thepodge
    Free Member

someone had a lovely looking ss full sus on here, can’t for the life of me remember what it was. all I do remember was it was blue, had a bb pivot and was around 160mm travel.

Rickos
    Free Member

ade, if you love him then go to him and look after him for ever more.

What a beautiful love story. *wipes tear*

ir_bandito
    Free Member

eviljoe – what tensioner have you got on the Voodoo?

eviljoe
    Free Member

It’s a Stinger. Tensioned with a cable tie around the chainstay 😀

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Here’s mine although it’s not singlespeed. I’ve got the spare right hand dropout with a dérailleur hanger but not the original left hand side one. I’m not desperate to sell as I’m hanging on for the Cotic 29er to become available so will need an offer good enough to make me break it. It’s definitely an 18″ frame. There are other photos in the same folder on Flickr.

IMG_2345

tommid
    Free Member

Nicknoxx – Member

Here’s mine although it’s not singlespeed. I’ve got the spare right hand dropout with a dérailleur hanger but not the original left hand side one. I’m not desperate to sell as I’m hanging on for the Cotic 29er to become available so will need an offer good enough to make me break it. It’s definitely an 18″ frame. There are other photos in the same folder on Flickr.

Email in profile. Let me know what you would like and lets work from there. I am also happy to wait if you want to get a new frame then sell. I have wanted one for so long.

Olly
    Free Member

considered SSing my patriot, but then realised it was a rubbish idea so didnt.
    when i can be bothered, i want to have a go at building my own frames, (somewhat inspired by bristol bike show) one of which would defiantly be a “toy” DH bike.

not for racing, but for pushing up, and dicking about on in the woods.

Brazed steel, single pivot, 5″-6″ travel but with DH angles (64 degrees), and a “mech hanger” on the BB around the ISGS mounts, to put a doofer style tensioner on. Push and plummet to the extreme

clubber
    Free Member

tommid, yes, that’s an nrs. iirc the older ones were called xtc.

phutphutend

Olly, see my Patriot posted up buy Xiphon on the previous page. I’ve had several DH bikes running singlespeed; Patriot, a Turner DHR, a SWD 216 and a Morewood Izimu. See my Pinkbike page (sesrch for my name) for some piccies.

Brilliant fun and not too slow. I’ve done a couple of races singlespeed and it doesn’t slow you down. In my opinion, in some cases, it actually akes you quicker, less to think about.

Got some designs for a frame like you as well. I just need to buy that new house where I have space for a big shed!

flatfish
    Free Member

That’s the one tommid

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Lets discuss Single speed full suspension’ is closed to new replies.