Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lethargy
  • hooja
    Free Member

Right, im knackered…
    Have been feeling like this for some time now. I am just coming out of 18 months of physical and mental hardship from building my own house, which i thought may have played a part but i am used to hard work and despite the stress, i enjoyed the process.
    I just dont seem to recover, if i go out climbing or riding im aching and drained for days. If i do nothing im aching and drained for days, motivation to do owt is really low.
    Im really not used to feeling like this and its getting me down.
    Has anyone been through this, what were the causes and how did you sort it out.
    Not going to go to the doctors as i am not in the mood to be condescended by someone who doesnt really listen to what im saying, so thought id ask on here and just get the p1$$ taken out of me instead.

khani
    Free Member

Stress probably, put your feet up and have a rest/holiday and don’t force yourself to overdo things for a while, RELAX!
    Just finishing a eight month building project on our house (basically another house on the side of the house) and feeling much the same tbh, tired all the time and no getup and go/motivation, just starting to feel Normal ish as I’m finishing it off, nice holiday next, I hope

molgrips
    Free Member

Meh.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sorry – had to be done 🙂 Do talk to the doctor – they are not as bad as you think. If you get one that is, go see another.

Could be post-viral syndrome, stress, various other things I suppose. What’s that thing called again.. Epstien Barr virus? Could be anaemia too perhaps.

hooja
    Free Member

meh…;)
    Cheers all, yep a holiday would be good anyway but dont think its going to happen anytime soon, unfortunately.
    Any miracle cures for getting your body back to form, just feels like im dragging this painful lead weight round with me everywhere.
    Maybe try a detox or something? anyone know any good ones?

khani
    Free Member

🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

hooja – much the same as you. Have just finished building a house this last 12 months. Havent ridden the MTB during the entire time, much to my shame. I blamed it on being tired at the end of the day.

Have just about finished building the bike shed, after which I promised myself to give the bike a once over and get out riding again.

What hasnt helped is finishing the build during the darkest months of the year. I suffer quite regularly from SAD and even though I no longer am locked in an office during the few daylight hours of this time of year, I still dont think I get enough daylight. As the spring returns and evenings stay light I inevitably feel more energetic and mentally at ease.

racefaceec90

yes am going through it now (due partly to depression/laziness)i don’t ride my bike anywhere like as much as i’d like to.when i went out on it for the first time in 3 1/2 months (just a 23 mile ride) it took me 2 1/2 hours (not continuous riding though).it really is embarrassing 😳 good luck to getting back to speed again hooja 🙂

nickname
    Free Member

Hows your diet? You are what you eat and all that – might be worth trying to tweak & improve it?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lethargy’ is closed to new replies.