Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender – SAVE THE DATE!
  • Ben_Haworth

Yes, it’s back – and bigger than ever!

Lee Quarry, Lancashire, July 9-10, 2011

3 different races
    1 bike

The ultimate “all rounder” event

A weekend of Trials, Downhill and XC racing. One entry fee – all three events.

Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender – SAVE THE DATE!

Jamie
    Free Member

You probably want to sticky this.

LoCo
    Free Member

The Loco BM Racing team should be fielding a few riders 😀

druidh
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    You probably want to sticky this.

Wot he said 🙂

Ben_Haworth

Muddypuddle – yep, good call. ‘Tis on the list 🙂

ampthill

OK how rubbish can I be and not annoy people by entering. I can ride a bike, but mainly with the wheels on the ground and have done since the 1980’s. I’m fit enough to finish the race but I’m not even vaguely race fit. But on the other hand it looks like a laugh and I might enjoy myself.

TonyL
    Free Member

You can be as rubbish as you like as long as you have fun, in fact that is more likely to get you a prize than talented but miserable! Even the downhill section will be doable by all just at different speeds! Also lots of line choice so you can pick what you are comfortable with.

Ben_Haworth

I’m fit enough to finish the race.

That’ll do. You’ll probably end up on the podium 🙂

project
    Free Member
    gcaster
    Free Member

Gutted. In Vegas that week, was wanting to do this this year. 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

have they planted any trees there yet?

Ben_Haworth

Trees would just impair the tailwinds 😉

elaineanne
    Free Member

no trees….thats the wild and windyness that we are all hardened to… 😉

markenduro
    Free Member

Good event last year, can we have showers and better car access this year htough?

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I would imagine the only way for better car access up there is to buy yourself a 4×4?

jojoA1
    Free Member

Boo, it clashes with the No Fuss 10 at Kirroughtree. 🙁 any one got a time machine so I can do both?

TonyL
    Free Member

I shall look in to showers but we do provide those logs over the water couple of people have used those as a way of getting wet!

nosedive
    Free Member

I like the sound of this, when does entry open?

whats the crack with camping, is there car parking allowed at the campingsite or do i have to come up with a clever way of keeping my bike safe

cheers!

LoCo
    Free Member

Just entered 😯 Will be along with the van too 😀

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

whats the crack with camping, is there car parking allowed at the campingsite or do i have to come up with a clever way of keeping my bike safe

i’d like to know about bike security as well please, spesh if we can’t get cars up there

simonm
    Free Member

lock your bike to your leg… or a campervan

butterworth24
    Free Member

sleep with your bike. Am I the only one that does this? xD

TonyL
    Free Member

We will have security on 24hrs a day at the car park, local police are normally up in the quarry showing us some moves on their bikes as well.

In the middle of the area we use for camping there are some metal railings normally used for trials which bikes can be locked to if you bring a lock.

Most people tend to lock a few bikes together making it pretty difficult for anyone to wander off with them and not be noticed.

jd-boy
    Free Member

Summer Enduro in Thetford the same weekend aswell by them good folks at Thetford MTB Racing. 😉

stumpyjon

Added it to the Pennine Mountain Bike Action calander which can be found here:

http://www.pmba.org.uk

We may even have a stand at the weekender, possibly with some chairs.

Ben_Haworth

Thanks Jon! :]

TonyL
    Free Member

Starting to plan the routes how hard do you want them?

jordie
    Free Member

if you could bin off that uphill steps at the start that would be fine

TonyL
    Free Member

They are good for spreading out the pack! We could run the race down them to test peoples tyre choice!

jordie
    Free Member

start the race at the very bottom car park will sort out the running order a treat.

nickhead
    Free Member

How long is the cross country route?

Ben_Haworth

The winner usually finishes in about 1hr 15mins and everyone then just finishes the lap that they’re on. A lap is about 7km I think.

teethgrinder

Will there be room for caravans at the campsite or is it just tentage?

Ben_Haworth

Just tents up in the quarry itself. I imagine it won’t be a problem to park up your car and caravan in the car park at the bottom of the hill. Try and get there as early as you can on Friday though when there’ll be more options/flexibility with parking etc.

Simon

Will campervans be allowed up into the quarry again this year?

Ben_Haworth

Due to the access road getting a bit mashed up the only vehicles allowed up into the quarry will be trade vehicles I’m afraid. 4×4-with-trailer shuttle runs will be on hand for getting people and their stuff up into the quarry.

Simon

I’ve got a 4×4 camper, does that make adifference? 😉

TonyL
    Free Member

Proper live in camper vans(chucking a sleeping bag in the back of your van won’t do it) will be ok taken up at your own risk but space will be limited and once youre van is on site it will not be able to move off site whilst any of the events are on so pretty much stuck there all weekend so make sure you stock up on your beers etc before you come on site.

For those coming by car and getting a the rangers to take your stuff up in the trailer, best off putting stuff in a box there were a few broken bottles as aresult of stuff bouncing around in the trailer hate to see beer wasted!

Simon

Thanks for clarifying that Tony 8)

simonm
    Free Member

YEY ! Thanks Tony 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender – SAVE THE DATE!’ is closed to new replies.