Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Leogang
  • lucien

Is there enough there to keep you occupied for a week – full DH stuff?

Anyone been, what’s it like? Much else to do locally (nighlife, bars etc)?

Cheers in advance

skywalker
    Free Member

Leogang is totally flat TBH, I wouldn’t bother 😉

lucien

Flat? Really?

skywalker
    Free Member

They stage a WC DHI race and have BIG hills. I’m sure there will be plenty of decent riding for you to enjoy, or skiing/snowboarding depending what time of year you plan on going.

Google Leogang, there are plenty of vids.

ianv
    Free Member

The lifts are pretty expensive though, 31 euros a day.

deviant
    Free Member
    keavo
    Free Member

good for 1/2 a day.

james
    Free Member

31euro a day?
    Whats a week pass? and whats that against the BikeParkAustria pass which lets you use Leogang, Saalbach Hinterglemm, Schladming, Semmering and Wagrain. Well I think thats what a dirt mag top europe thingi said a while back?

scant
    Free Member

I went to Leogang during the world cup DH 2yrs ago. the trails are pretty cool, I really liked the bongo bongo trail, but as mentioned above, you’d need to travel, theres not enough trails there for a weeks riding.

RoterStern
    Free Member

If you are talking about skiing then Leogang has some nicely prepared wide pistes that would be OK for a beginner to intermediate. The real beauty is that you can use the pistes on the other side of the mountain to Saalbach which has much more choice of pistes. As for MTBing in summer I don’t know myself but some friends of mine came back raving about the place, again mainly because of the size of the area you can access from the lifts. As for bars etc Leogang is relatively small so don’t expect Ibiza by the snow but the bars around the ski lift get busy at the end of the day…..in winter at least.

AndyA
    Free Member

Was there in summer 2007, and apart from the party for the Kona 26 Trix competition, nightlife was non existent.
    Riding wise it’s the only time I’ve been to the alps so I loved it, but if i was heading to the alps again I’d try somewhere else. There wasn’t alot of runs in Leogang itself, so we ended up exploring the area between Leogang and Salbach. If you had someone to show you about I’m sure there would be some cracking trails out there, it’s just finding them.

lucien

Thanks for the info, it’s summer biking that I’m thinking about and as I say, more DH than XC….mmm?

Been looking online at various sites, and whilst it gives a idea there’s nothing like gathering comments from peeps that have experienced it 1st hand.

Part of the appeal is that there is a campsite near the village / chair lift and was hoping not to travel that much but that’s looking increasingly likley

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Leogang’ is closed to new replies.