Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • New Leigh Woods Trails Bristol, Officially Open!
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

Woo and indeed whoo!

clubber
    Free Member

Good job. Had a lovely ride on them this morning 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Bad lad.

clubber
    Free Member

Only on the main trail, mind, not the bits that still look a bit gravelly (so I’m suprised they’re opening)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If I see any broken bits of the trail at the weekend I shall be pointing the finger at YOU!

clubber
    Free Member

Wasn’t me….

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You break trees when you hit them, how the hell virgin trails going to hold up under your wheels I’ll never know.

clubber
    Free Member

No trees near these trails really

TooTall
    Free Member

What tyres for Bristol manmade trails?

I’m going to take my 29er up there and see how much trail I can take out when the wheels explode on me.

rondo101
    Free Member

Larsen TT/SB8

clubber
    Free Member

Doesn’t work TooTall – tried it already. It’s obviously not as hardcore as the Quantocks.

Maxxis Ignitors, BTW 😉

TooTall
    Free Member

I’ll go with Bonty whateverisonthebike for this run out. I may change to Bonty whateverisontheotherbike for next time. Choices, choices.

I guess you got off and pushed around the corners, clubber? What with the inability of the bike to ride round them?

clubber
    Free Member

No, I just rode straight over them what with 29ers’ ability to roll over ANYTHING

GaryLake
    Free Member

Yet to ride them, I went to get my 29er out of the garage, looked at the wheels and they exploded 🙁

Gilles

Excellent. I was looking to a doable winter track nearby as the Salisbury plain mud is too much of a pain.

cheers_drive

Just got back from LW.
    It’s mostly open including the short red section and the skills area. Only the final section down to North road is still closed.

I was on my 29er, it’s OK to ride them at this time of year as the wheels won’t overheat enough to explode.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I was on my 29er, it’s OK to ride them at this time of year as the wheels won’t overheat enough to explode.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

clubber
    Free Member

Easy mistake to make – with the unseasonally warm temperatures you’re taking one hell of a risk.

Even when I had just one 29er wheel on my 69er it was smoking and sparking and a fraction of a degree more heat would likely have set it off.

cheers_drive

True it is mild for the time of the year but the fine drizzle does and good job of cooling the wheels down.
    In the summer I plan to fill my tyres with dry ice to keep them cool.

rp16v
    Free Member

for local stuff im finding sb8’s and ignitors are great for all year round a freing of mine swears by crossmarks so prety same stuff really

chubby_monk
    Free Member

Went there this morning, via Ashton court, for a first ride. I liked it. Bit between the main car park and the hole in the wall was a little dull, but the rest was pretty good fun. No sign of any closed bits that I saw, but maybe it was on a bit with a choice of routes?

Also thought the keener section was good, but I was a numpty and came off on the last roller – really pogo’d the fork into the trail.

markwalker
    Free Member

ikngtut am i aloud now lol!!

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

have ridden it a couple of times now. its good, if a little short.

its good to ride in addition to Ashton Court, which is holding up well, considering the amount of rain we have had.

TooTall
    Free Member

ikngtut am i aloud now lol!!

Please repeat without encryption.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Wtf?

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

singlecrack and i rode the new trail in leigh woods early yesterday.we enjoyed it.as others have said its short but if you do all of ashton court first then over to leigh woods its a few hours worth of riding.you could also do 50 acre wood for a decent mornings worth.i particularly like the name of the trail……YER TIZ…..keeping it nice and local 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nice contrast between AC, LW and 50A IMO.

I think they need to make a trail down to ACs bottom car park to relieve parking pressure on the golf-hut car park.

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

buzz we never park in the golf hut car park.we always like a down finish after a ride 🙂

MrAgreeable

Buzz, they looked at making the trail go right down to the bottom of the estate, but it would have had to go through virgin woodland and it really wasn’t a goer. The parking situation is pretty dire at the moment, but it’ll improve when the new visitor centre gets finished early next year.

It’s also very easy to ride to the trails from town. The new Festival Way link from South Bristol is awesome, you can ride from Temple Meads on a route that’s mostly traffic free and have a go on the pump track mid way!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s good to know they thought about it. I use the bottom car park because it’s the easiest to access driving up from Somerset.

chubby_monk
    Free Member

There are car parks lower down; one by the mansion and one nearer Long Ashton. The latter is nearly empty nearly all of the time so I tend to use that

Milkie
    Free Member

Did AC then Leigh Woods new trails on Sunday, first ride of the year..

Gotta say I was very impressed, I wasn’t expecting it to have as many features. Loved the rock uphill shortcut, and the drops with the slabs.

I have never seen so many different groups of mountain bikers! It was very busy with walkers/dogs and cyclists all getting on lovely! North Road was packed and so was the car park, lovely day, lovely people! 😀

Oh and thumbs up to the guy on a road bike with Jeans & White Shirt.. Doin it in style! 😉

noteeth
    Free Member

on a road bike

Feels like it was designed for road bikes, tbh… Lack of roots = access path, imo. 😉

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘New Leigh Woods Trails Bristol, Officially Open!’ is closed to new replies.