Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Leigh Woods – fun
  • khegs
    Free Member

Yay,
    Went round Leigh woods for the first time this eve after work, that’s quite fun, innit?

Need to get used to the bermy stuff, but not ridden that before.

And I didn’t fall off, now if only strava hadn’t shut off in my bag, curses 😉

khegs
    Free Member

Grr, validate me, dammit!!! 😉

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

You wait until you get to know the track.

Loop that in with Strava addiction, and a top three position, and you’ve basically ruined any chilled out ride around the damn thing.

And now I’ve started bantering with my fellow 3rd place chap, it’s only made it more difficult.

Be careful, those two sections of tight ‘pif paf’ trees bite.

Hard.

khegs
    Free Member

Heh, yeah, the skills bit is nice, too

clubber
    Free Member

it’s not bad at all, us it? 🙂

It’s not as good as what was there before at its best but since they was usually barely a few weeks a year, I think it’s a good compromise.

welcome to brizzol!

khegs
    Free Member

Heh, yeah, nice to have a decent ride 20 mins from work, and with most of the climbing done up front 😉

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I managed to get to Yer Tis for the first time the other night to see what the hoo-har and mixed reports have all been about. I thought it was great fun, although very short.

I like the way they’ve kept some of the original features in that area, but the trail is so flowy now, they’re kind of out of character with the rest of the trail.

I found it just like the Long Ashton trail in so far as both are trails that give more the more you put into them. Consequently after going around both twice, balls out, I was pretty tired!

Very reminiscent of the Marin trail for me, obviously without the elevation or distance.

Nice and tight in places too. A fine venue to test the high-speed, tight turn handling of my new Solaris. I’m satisfied that whilst the slow turning reputation of some 29ers may be warranted, its not the case with the Cotic.

Most importantly, as a Mendip mud plugger, the new trails will be a complete tonic for me in the dead of Winter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Leigh Woods – fun’ is closed to new replies.