Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Legs like Jelly
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Went for a ride today, and after about 200 meters I knew something was wrong, my legs had absolutely no strength whatsoever. Every time I got to a reasonably steep climb I had to get off and push.

Thing is I felt fine before and afterwards. Anyone else experience really bad days like this??

🙁

lipseal
    Free Member

All the time. 8)

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

If you have been hammering it all week and need a rest then yeah.

But get off and push … christ it must have been bad.

stumpyjon

Yep occaisionally, also sometimes feel like the Duracell Bunny, then the other 95% of the time I just have to put the effort in.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Margin it was horrendous..

I couldn’t go 200 yards without stopping! Even when I got off the bike my legs were shaky. I’m not fast at the best of times, but would never stop halfway up a hill usually.

The only reason I kept going was that I fancied the downhill, and had made the hour long trip down there. Even then I could barely pedal on the flat bits…rubbish

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Once: bonked.

Other times: low blood sugar. Mars bar and sit down for ten minutes fixed it…

AlasdairMc

Did you have a heavy night, or did you not eat much yesterday? I occasionally have days where I’ve got no power whatsoever, and it’s often down to eating something inadequate the night before.

Last time I had a salad for dinner one Saturday, then went for a 60 mile road ride and after three of those miles I was regretting it…

tpbiker
    Free Member

It certainly felt like I had zero energy so hopefully I just hadn’t fuelled myself properly. It was also a morning ride, usually I go in the afternoon so a couple of plates of ceral might not have been sufficient! Didn’t think it would make that much difference however, I wasn’t planning to hammer it.

Whyte1
    Free Member

i had something similar last weekend when i’d eaten to near to riding , i felt powerless (even more than normal) and sick but it did wear off and i felt great later in the ride .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Legs like Jelly’ is closed to new replies.