Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bike holiday in Wales
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Me and my mates are looking at going to Wales at the end of March for a short bike holiday. I was hoping we could do some kind of a round trip starting at Llandegla and working our way down/round through CyB to end up at Cwmcarn for an uplift before coming back home, maybe stopping at FoD on the way back up for another uplift. Anyone done something similar and if so what was your route? We’re coming from Northamptonshire if that helps. We’ll only have about 6 days so not sure how many places we’ll get to visit.

My mates are pretty new to riding so I doubt we’ll be doing anything uber-gnarcore and I don’t like really techy riding anyway, for me its all about the flow, drops and jumps 🙂 So which of the trail centres would be best for us?

_tom_
    Free Member

bump for the evening lot 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

‘don’t like tech,don’t like hardcore,don’t like pedalling’….mmmmmmmmmmm
    Go to a bmx/pump track tour for a week maybe 😕

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Nant Yr Arian would (IMO) be worth a visit, you might also enjoy an afternoon riding the ClimachX trail too.

_tom_
    Free Member

Rorscach I never said any of that 😕

hugor
    Free Member

The more smooth flowy bermy trail centers with lots of jumps, tabletops etc are Brechfa, FOD, Llandegla, Cwm Rhaeadr for me. Afan, CyB are a bit more of the rocky techy style but they’re not out of the scope of beginner riders.

chakaping
    Free Member

You will like afan. it has got lots of flow.

_tom_
    Free Member

Cheers I’ll look into those then 🙂 CyB looks good from YouTube vids as well.

therag
    Free Member

F.o.d
    Cwmcarn
    Afon
    Brechfa
    N.Wales
    Or same reversed. I haven’t done any of the north trails yet but it is in planning.
    You could do fod & cwmcarn in 1 day

coatesy
    Free Member

All i’ll suggest is if you’re considering Penmachno, make it your last stop.I really like the place, but it’s usually awash, and the next few days won’t be half as much fun in sodden boots 😀

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Did 5 days/5 centres back in Sept. Started at Llandegla, then did CyB, then Brechfa, then Afan, then Cwmcarn.
    We had a shitload of rain at Brechfa which meant Afan was ridden with somewhat moist kit.
    A good time.
    Stayed in bunkhouse at Dolgellau for 2 nights after Llandegla, and CyB then down to Brechfa. Stayed at home post-Brechfa but the plan was to camp at Glyncorrwg.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bike holiday in Wales’ is closed to new replies.