Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Leg Warmers
  • slowjo
    Free Member

Are there any reasonable, inexpensive leg warmers around? I have put my full on winter longs away but it is still bloody cold and it takes ages for my legs to warm up. Leg warmers must e the answer at this time of year.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I've got some Gore ones that are nearly 3 years old and not showing any sign of giving up. Worth the cash…

sofatester
    Free Member

3/4 tights are what you want. Perfect for the changover of seasons at both ends of the year.

njee20
    Free Member

Assos are good, not cheap, but the best fitting and most comfortable leg warmers around for vaguely sensible money! Good until it gets really cold too IMO.

warpcow
    Free Member

I got some Craft ones in the autumn for about £15. I use them all the time with shorts as I only have 1 pair 3/4 bibs and they're great. As good as the bibs.

techsmechs
    Free Member

Specialized – Roubaix front with 'normal' lycra backs. Ideal for this time of year and good value too. Whilst your there get the knee warmers too. They fit down to mid calf rather than just under the knee…. Lovely.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Another vote for Assos in a size ll…

Perfect fit, and bloody warm..

nbt

I use decathlon, tried a few and they're the only ones that fit and which actually stay up.

slowjo
    Free Member

Lots of input there, thanks everyone I know where to start now.

3/4 bibs… I quite agree but I have just thrown my old ones away…the padding fell apart and got very uncomfortable. On the list for later in the year.

wwaswas

I've got some Specialized ones. the stuff they put on the top and bottom to keep them up gave me a rash so only worn once. These.

Size large £10 posted?

DezB
    Free Member

Lab Gear merinos are the only ones I wear. They're full of bloody holes now though and rather too expensive to replace 🙁

For inexpensive – http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/nike-usps-thermal-leg-warmer-large-id14536.html
    Oops, zero stock

rOcKeTdOg

leg warmers?

80's tastic

i find knee warmers much more versatile

r0bh
    Free Member

Lusso do good arm and leg warmers at a reasonable price. I don't own any 3/4 tights or longs, shorts plus leg or knee warmers are much more versatile.

0091paddy
    Free Member

3/4's are a bit pointless if you ask me. Why have just 5" of ones leg uncovered, same for knee warmers, hence why I seldom wear mine.

20°C and under, legs covered.

As for leg warmers, Giordana make some good ones, but then again so do Adidas, Bioracer and BTWIN.

Try before you buy, some are way to short so can slip down easily.

traildog
    Free Member

I am using Gore ones. Not cheap but excellent quality. For cheaper, I would go Lusso. Or have a look at Prendas.

Leg warmers are by far the best solution at this time of year. I have 3 quarter tights, but the point is you never know how hot or cold the day is going to go. So if it goes hot, you cannot then take the tights off or convert them to shorts, where as you can take the leg warmers off, or push them down to go for the FAME look.

slowjo
    Free Member

Could i start jumping over cars then and twirling round pointlessly whilst having a pained look of eighties teenage angst writ large across my face?

wwaswas

or maybe;

OmarLittle
    Free Member

+1 for decathlon

have had assos ones in the past and they were good too but they were about £45 compared to the £8 decathlon ones i got to replace and i prefer the decathlon ones

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Leg Warmers’ is closed to new replies.