Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lefty owners – Which front mudguard?
  • clubby

Got my first bike with a lefty fork 2 weeks ago and with the trails turning to slop, I’m starting to wonder about front mudguards. Obviously there are the usual Crud Catcher types, but the down tube on my Flash 29er is massive so I don’t know if the rubber bands would fit, plus they tend to make a mess of the anodising. The last couple of winters I’ve used neoguards and they’ve been great but there’s no way to fit them to a lefty.
    Any other suggestion?

Cheers, Steven.

z1ppy

Downtube mounted Crudcatchers are of limited use IME.

SKS do (did?) a specific lefty mount for there mudguard, the mudguard is one of the best in available in my book.

My Lefty came with a starfangled nut* inserted from the bottom, which I uses a SKS Shockboard with a hole made in it and a bolt & some washers. I can’t find anything on their website, except for a headshock mount which I don’t believe will do the same job.

* = I guess a 1.5 star fangled nut might work, mine is a normal 1 1/8 & has a plastic/rubber tube fitting between it and the steerer tube

peteimpreza

Cruds will be fine. Have them on my Lefty equipped bikes.

There is a brand who do a motox style one that plugs into the bottom of the headtube.

When I remember who I will post a link.

EDIT

Zippy beat me to it !!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

You could maybe bodge one of these???

Mucky Nutz

Let me know how you get on- I’m in the same boat!!

z1ppy

SKS one from Dr. Cannondale:

http://www.cannondale-parts.de/epages/61764971.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61764971/Products/SKSST/SubProducts/sksst-wht

(which looks to have had the normal mount removed and a bigger bung to insert up the steerer tube)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lefty owners – Which front mudguard?’ is closed to new replies.