Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • lefty fork advice
  • ben10
    Free Member

Hi all im currently running a 2001lefty elo fork with 100mm of travel. but its showing signs of its age the lock-out don’t work anymore and it seem to struggle to handle the bigger/heavier trails and bumps its fine on the small stuff. But seems to stiffen up on the bigger stuff. Should I put more money in to it and get it repaired/serviced. At some £. I would assume are put the money in to a standard fork and convert my head set

Rorschach
    Free Member

No new parts to service elo anymore (13 years old!!),only buying used bits that appear on ebay occasionally.

ben10
    Free Member

Im not goi g to go down that route. think it time to save some money and invest in a newer fork

Lionheart
    Free Member

Well worth a chat with Tony at Thumbprint – he has been working on these since the begining, has stacks of spares and options etc…
    http://www.thumbprinttuning.co.uk/

Garry_Lager

They do keep going forever if you keep you keep on top of them. A 13 yo suspension fork though? Time to move on – you could prob pick up a 5 yo dlr2 on ebay for 100 and something, if you fancied staying with the lefty. That would be miles better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘lefty fork advice’ is closed to new replies.