Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lee Rigby trial
  • Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Looks like the trial started this week:

http://www.theweek.co.uk/crime/56124/lee-rigby-trial-suspects-due-court-over-woolwich-attack#.Uoy86HFmHvc.facebook

I wonder why there has been little, if any coverage in the news (that i’ve seen)??

stewartc
    Free Member

Possibly because no newspaper wants to be in the position of printing content that may be seized upon by the defense to halt the trial, or maybe even get the defendants off on a technicality?
    There may even be a blanket ban on reporting setup by the trial judge, not that familiar with current UK legal laws so that’s just a guess.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

I had wondered!

Possibly learning from teh Michael La Velle debacle?!

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve got the daughter of a Nigerian Yoruba customer here with me this week for some product training and I’ve just asked her what Yoruba society is saying about their two wayward sons. She reckons that it’s a taboo subject, the family names are common enough in South East Nigeria and the usually energetic Nigerian media haven’t managed to, or wanted to, track down the close families for comment. Someone, somewhere must be hanging their heads in shame and wondering where they went wrong as good Christian parents. She feels the whole episode is a frightening symptom of a much deeper identity crisis that is affecting all traditional African society.

freeagent
    Free Member

I understood their was a blanket ban on reporting due to fears about media coverage affecting the trial, and concerns about EDF + Islamic extremists protesting/clashing outside the court.

Personally I think a media blackout is a great idea.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lee Rigby trial’ is closed to new replies.