Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lee Quarry Trail Faires / Goblins / sprites / whatever
  • stumpyjon

First ever volunteer dig day is planned for Sunday the 17th of April at Lee Quarry if anyone fancies lending a hand. Initial plans are for repairs to the new pump track which got a bit trashed before it was had time to bed in. Probably ride a bit in the afternoon as well. If we get a decent turnout there’s a possibility of a more regualr group being formed to build new trails as well as carry out repair work.

If you want more details visit pmba.org.uk

stumpyjon

No one interrested then or did I just post at the wrong time?

philfive
    Free Member

I possibly but can commit at moment. I use lee quarry lots and should really give something back

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bump it weekday daytime?

stumpyjon

Cheers TJ, bumped.

philfive thanks for responding, I think there are many on here who have used Lee Quarry.

stumpyjon

So the lunchtime bump didn’t work either.

philfive
    Free Member

what time are you thinking? i’m available after dinner. was up there this evening and the shear amount of rubbish thats been left around the pump tracks is unbelievable.

will i get to bring my van up 😀

xherbivorex
    Free Member

hi jon, i could probably make it over too. although if we have any incidents, you can lead the first aid team since you did such a good job of the 6 rider pile-up last weekend!
    did you do the little write-up on pmba of the course too?

stumpyjon

Yes Tony says we can take vehicles up (at our own risk!), though we won’t want too much traffic. Should be starting around 10, probably finishing early afternoon and then going riding.

Yep there’s a little bit in the news section of http://www.pmba.org.uk about the training, might get a few photos on as well.

philfive
    Free Member

can’t make 10:00 as i have my kids until 12:00, i would still be willing to come up though.

stumpyjon

Well no harm in coming up late and giving us some moral support, it’s always welcome.

andyeez
    Free Member

Would have been up for that but am away in Harrogate for the day on Sunday. Will help out in future though if you post on here.

TonyL
    Free Member

Bump!

We shall be up in the quarry from 10am onwards to do a bit of trail maintenance, patch up some of the new bits of trail which diddn’t get time to settle in properly and chat through ideas for new features/sections.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry Trail Faires / Goblins / sprites / whatever’ is closed to new replies.