Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LED bike lights from China
  • fab
    Free Member

I bought some of those lights last year, that alot of people were going on about, i think they were about £50 and took about 3 weeks to get here, well i had a good winter out of them but the battery seams to of died on me any one remenber the name of the web site they come from it, sold all sorts of gaggets.

trout
    Free Member

deal extreme
    but the lights only had a 3 month warranty .

Smudge off here does quality replacement batteries for the light

probably water Igress has killed the battery

Northwind

Doesn't seem likely to be water if they've died in storage, lipo cells need to be stored right, if you put them away fully charged it causes them to oxidise faster (or something like that 😉 ) but they don't usually die completely, they just lose performance (which is why there's some unhappy Diablo owners just now, finding their battery's gone off and isn't easily replaced)

I think it'll be out of warranty. But, it'll take pretty much any battery pack of the right voltage which IIRC is 7.2V so it should be straightforward to sort. You can buy the battery packs seperately from a UK vendor but they're not really worth buying, £38 just for the battery

fab
    Free Member

Well done guys just what i needed 😀

trout
    Free Member

water does indeed get into batteries and destroy the circuit

this is not a Magicshine battery but I have seem numerous in exactly the same condition

iainc

trout – I emailed you from your website link the other day re Ayup upgrade ? don't know if you got the mail ?

cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘LED bike lights from China’ is closed to new replies.