• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Leather sofa – recovering/refreshing the finish/colour – tips?
  • hora
    Free Member

I’ve had my favourite sofa a few years now. Overall its in great condition but a dog (paws) and use has seen dirt become engrained in especially one area (difficult to shoot but it looks ‘grey’)- the leading edge of each cushion with one more affected than the other. Any tips? Its quite thick leather with no top layer so wont bubble etc with moisture.

sandwicheater

We use some stuff from Indigo furniture.

Leather soaks it up and always comes up nice. Was the place we got the sofas from.

EDIT: Can’t find it on the site. I’ll have a look at the bottle when I get home.

dknwhy

You could try this stuff first.
    Always cleaned our sofa well. Sell it in most supermarkets.

IHN

Cleaner/rejuvenator/lotion stuff for leather car seats from Halfords or similar

jambalaya
    Free Member

As per @IHN I would be tempted to try a car product although the leather on your sofa is softer.

joshvegas
    Free Member

*Disclaimer alert – family connection*

LTT leather care, give them a call/email descrobe the problem and they should sort can sort you out with a product for the leather type. Or best advice, they will also do colour match pens etc to fix any scratches.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Double post

johndoh
    Free Member

Get a throw and scatter cushions*

*Then die a little inside.

hora
    Free Member

I’ll get some of the Lord Sheraton first as I’m off to Aldi/Sainsburys tonight 🙂

Throw and scatter cushions? Mrshora occassionally brings home some hideous cushions. She doesn’t ‘get’ that a cushion has to be a 1000% perfect in pattern, colour, dimensions – everything.

In the end her cushions always end up going on camping trips as seating/relaxation aids in the tent 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Leather sofa – recovering/refreshing the finish/colour – tips?’ is closed to new replies.