Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Second hand Apple stuff – what's it worth?
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

recently purchased a new iMac so I no longer need my utterly dependable 13″ 2009 Macbook 13″ Aluminium. I also decided I’ll sell my 14 month old iPad 16gb 3G as it spends 99% of it’s life on the bedside cabinet never being used.

What do these things fetch these days?

I have a holiday coming up and they may just be funding it 😛

rocketman
    Free Member

Could always start here https://www.apple.com/uk/recycling/computer/ and take it from there

IIRC they gave me £65 for a Wi-Fi iPad 1

jambalaya
    Free Member

Apple kit holds it’s value very well.

The iPad should be worth 60%+ of what you paid for it. The iMac assuming it’s in good condition £3-400 ? Have a look on ebay.

BTW once I got my iPad1 I stopped using my MacBook and sold it, do you not want to keep it as your portable device ?

turboferret

Have a look on eBay for completed listings and you’ll get a good idea.

Cheers, Rich

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Bang it on ebay – you’ll get silly money for it. I sold a gen4 iPod Touch that was about 5yrs old for about 30 – £40 less than it cost new. Granted i’d looked after it and it was in very good condition and has the original box and packaging and unused original earphones etc, but I was astonished. A mate bought a iPhone 4S about a year ago for almost £300, which I thought was rediculous, but seemed pretty much the going rate at that time.

antennae
    Free Member

+1 eBay it.

Sold a 7 year old white Macbook for £250ish last year, and it was only £700 new. I kid you not.

CountZero

Why get rid of the iPad? If you stream music from the Mac, all you need to do is install Remote on the Pad, and you can control all your playback.
    Plus it’s just so much easier to brows stuff sprawled on the sofa, than sat in front of a computer.

the-muffin-man

Bang it on ebay – you’ll get silly money for it.

^ This!

I’ve watched loads of auctions over the last year as I need to replace my old Mac Mini. But any apple kit seems to go for a small fortune.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Second hand Apple stuff – what's it worth?’ is closed to new replies.