Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Learning a new language (Rosseta Stone)
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

I fancy learning Danish and Rosseta stone looks good but for me who is unbelievably bat at languages, will it work. I put the effort in but just struggle to get a grasp etc. (not look at it for a week and then give up)

Has anyone got any experience?

cheers

EDIT: Rosetta

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Killing had subtitles though didn’t it?

ebygomm
    Free Member

Why Danish?

It seems like a really hard language to learn to me, a lot of the pronunciation is a complete mystery to me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    big-chief-96
    Free Member

I love Scandanavia and with danish you can get along in Norway and Sweden too. The reason for Danish is I’m thinking about possibly going to Copenhagen university so it seems logical and even if I dont go I want to be able to speak one language fluently

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Danish, half the time they can’t understand what they say to each other!

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Good system, I’ve been using my housemate’s Spanish version.

The trouble with Danish (insofar as it’s a problem) is that the instant they detect you’re a Brit (assuming you are), they’ll start conversing with you in faultless Oxford English!

ebygomm
    Free Member

The trouble with Danish…

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve heard it’s a terrible system. It’s meant to mimic how kids learn, but adults are completely different. Learning a second language is nothing like learning a first one, plus it takes kids years to make any headway at all 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Anyone done the Italian one??

biker66
    Free Member

I’ve tried the Spanish and French. It’s ok, but no magic bullet. You really have to put in the hours with it, just like you would going to lessons. I always slack off … but it does work on some level and requires no more effort than watching telly or reading this forum. I’m going to night school now though, and Rosseta stone will be a side thing.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Useful for learning ancient Egyptian, I’m told.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Learning a new language (Rosseta Stone)’ is closed to new replies.