Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Leappad – Christmas present advice
  • thekingisdead
    Free Member

My daughter wants one of these for christmas, but at 7 (going on 17) I’m not sure how much benefit she’ll get from it (recomended age 4-9)

Anyone’s kids got one and care to pass comment?

Thanks.

morgs
    Free Member

xmas day saw 5 minutes use.

this was all the light of day it ever saw.

avoid.

binners

Hmmmmmm. Both mine used them when a lot younger. 4 if I remember rightly. It’ll be way too basic for her at 7, I’d say.

Binners number 1 is also 7 (going on 17). We’ve got her a DS for Crimbo. Mainly so I can have my iphone back from time to time. But also because a lot of the games are quite educational. I’d vote for something like this being a lot more appropriate

Drac

We had a similar one for out eldest when she was 4, now 8, it was ok but not great as limited. We now have an iPad2, ok more expensive but other tablets are availble, it does way beyond what a leappad can do. Our 4 year old loves practicing her writing on it and there’s been a big improvement because of it. Our 8 year old uses it for maths and we’ve noticed that improving too. Easy for kids to use and countless apps and software for them.

stumpyjon

Yep wouldn’t bother either. My 7 year old uses a laptop these days or her DS. 4 year old is getting a (2nd hand) DS for Christmas, couldn’t cope with the arguing anymore.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

mine use it a lot but are 2.5 and 4.5, the older one likes practising letters etc. but don’t think he’ll use it much longer. I’d go with the tablet or ds suggestions.

Drac

DS is a good idea too, we have a couple of these and both kids love them they use the educational stuff too not just the games.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Leappad – Christmas present advice’ is closed to new replies.