• This topic has 65 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • LeanGains VS iDave Diet
  • ton

alexxx, been on it since march……..so i reckon the water might have gone now, dont you?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Just back from my toast.
    Quite a bit of drama this morning as the canteen had for reasons unknown decided to stop serving toast at 10am!!!!!

I know!!!!!

10am!!!!!

idiots!!!

So they had to get the toaster back out, along with the tray of exciting things to toast, and then I had to wait for an age for the wretched thing to warm up.
    Even then I reckon my toast was slightly under done.
    Not happy.

zilog6128

i think i will stick to the IDIET.

4 stone loss now, with not very much exercise.
    so i reckon it kinda works……..
    Yep it works, no doubt. But the point of the iDiet is for fat people (no offence, I was one of those too before I did it!!) to lose bodyfat. The point of LeanGains is for people who are already in shape to go the extra mile and GET RIPPED 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

i think i will stick to the IDIET.

so i reckon it kinda works……..

Didn’t you lose an awful lot of that just by stopping being “a greedy pig” (your words, not mine 😀 ) before you started iDave? I take it you’ve not reverted to being a greedy pig on iDave?

ton

😆

hilldodger
    Free Member

zilog6128 – Member

….the iDiet is for fat people

…..LeanGains is for people who are already in shape

Wow, someone’s actually realised this at last 🙂
    “iDiet” is a rough and ready set of guidelines that will get sedentary lardasses back to some kind of normality
    “LG” is an eating program designed for people undertaking pretty intensive training and aiming at very low BF.

Reda the whole LG site of you can bear it….
    ….He talks a lot of sense about people going to the gym and playing at training with all these faddy ab programs, swiss balls, pulleys, rubber bands and straps etc when all you really need are the traditional “hard” exercises such as squats, deadlifts and presses – the rest is for Men’s Health readers…….

zilog6128

He talks a lot of sense about people going to the gym and playing at training with all these faddy ab programs, swiss balls, pulleys, rubber bands and straps etc when all you really need are the traditional “hard” exercises such as squats, deadlifts and presses – the rest is for Men’s Health readers…….

Yep this is spot on. I have made more progress in the last 3 months by lifting heavy at home than I did in 3 years at the gym, doing “weights” 3 times per week at the direction of the “trainers”.

wrecker
    Free Member

Yep this is spot on.

+1.
    I see too many people in the gym trying to get strong/big but doing too many and too specific exercises. I used to do it myself.
    I’m doing less exercises on my whole body than some of these guys are doing on their arms!

Solo
    Free Member

so i reckon it kinda works

Ton. Great stuff ! 😀

but your on that diet for the rest of your life if you want to keep it off
    Yes, thats how it works. Its not a temporary change to get into shape, after which you resort to eating the foods that made you fat in the first place.

the rest is for Men’s Health readers…….
    😆

Solo
    Free Member

I see too many people in the gym trying to get strong/big

Me too. However, there doesn’t seem to be any change. The chubsters are still chubby and the skinnies are still skinny.

But to be fair, as some have already said. When theres so much info out there, either conflicting, overlapping or concuring. I can see why joe public might not know where to begin.

TBH this just makes me think that maybe there isn’t one correct answer and that there are multiple methods which all have some degree of validity.
    For sure, people over the years have found differing methods to achieve common/specific goals. However, we are all using the same equipment, ie, the human body. Not withstanding variations on an individual basis, and specific hormonal issues.
    😉

Shandy
    Free Member

I’ve lost half a stone of bodyfat in a month on a pretty loose version of leangains. Eating from 12-8 or so, black coffee or water the rest of the time, every day. I find it suits me very well, I don’t get hungry in the mornings and I generally have time for a good lunch and dinner. I find the 8-hour window encourages me to “eat clean” and stay away from processed sugar.

There is a lot of interesting stuff on leangains about insulin and cortisol levels. Its popular with people who lift weights but there is plenty of information in there that will benefit anyone.

ton

Solo, nice to see you back mate…………….. 😀

Solo
    Free Member

Solo, nice to see you back mate

Yeah. Things went a little weird for a bit, so I took a few months off (self imposed).

4 Stone off is impressive and worth it in itself. But I’m also hoping other things might improve for you.
    🙂

oddjob
    Free Member

Yeah, well done Ton.

I am having bulletproof coffee (coffee blended with butter) for breakfast these days and then eating paleo lunch and dinner with no snacks in the evening.

Can’t be hurting, but I’d say the fat/weight’s not falling off

Solo
    Free Member

I am having bulletproof coffee (coffee blended with butter

Wha Dat ?, you just dropping a lump of butter into your coffee ?.

Got much to lose ?.

zilog6128

Are you losing weight at all (even slowly)? I’m well aware of the love paleo people have for BP coffee, but if you’re not losing weight at all I’d say this was the obvious culprit!

Solo
    Free Member

*googles BPC*
    Bulletproof Coffee is a mixture of high quality grass-fed butter, pharmaceutical grade MCT oil, and specially selected Upgraded Coffee Beans.
    😯

OddJob.
    If you’re eating a paleo style diet but not shifting the excess weight, then a calorie audit is probably a good place to start.

alexxx
    Free Member

haha I love stw. Ton – I was being a douche – I’m really glad your diets going well – good on ya with the willpower.

I’ll report back with leangains fame in 8 weeks.

Solo
    Free Member

I’ll report back with leangains fame in 8 weeks.

Dont forget he before and after pics.
    🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m doing quite well with just timing eating and exercise lately. I’ll weigh in next Monday morning.

alexxx
    Free Member

on it Solo – I just need to find a full length mirror now doh

Solo
    Free Member

I just need to find a full length mirror now doh

If you get really stuck… iPhone….. 😉 and Clothes shop changing room ?.

kudos100
    Free Member

Leangains works extremely well, but I don’t have the discipline to eat like that, so I stick to 4-5 meals a day 😀

weeksy

Well that’s the first week done (of the Horizon ‘fasting’) with and after 2 days of ‘normal’ eating the scales tipped this morning at 15st0.

So in week 1 that means a loss of 6lb. I can’t be unhappy with that at all.

Week 2 begins with a slightly different format of fasting days being Monday and Thurs. This is to combine with Mrs Weeksy having a go at it too. Not my personal preference to do it in a split day context… but we’ll give it a go and see what happens.

I didn’;t do any more exercise than usual (apart from the Epic Sunday ride) but i didn’t do any less either

I was slightly consicious of eating things… but still had pancakes post-cycle yesterday morning and a couple of muffins that me and my lad baked so i wasn’t exactly a martyr either.

oddjob
    Free Member

Zilog and Solo
    Coffee and unsalted grass fed butter in the blender. It’s delicious and easier than cooking each morning. As i understand it, if you don’t have any protein, then your body stays in fasting mode and doesn’t really recognise that it’s been fed. I do it more out of laziness than anything else and it stops me feeling hungry until lunchtime.

I am not really trying hard to lose weight at the moment and I don’t really have too much to lose. I have also started lifting weights a bit so it’s hard to say where the body fat % is heading.

No stress about losing weight really here, I’m feeling supremely healthy and reasonably fit at the moment, the extra 5-7kg I guess I could lose are not really a problem and I guess they’ll gradually drop over time without killing myself with fasting and calorie counting. I’m currently eating quite high fat and enjoying it.

Solo
    Free Member

OddJob.

Thanks for the info. I hadn’t heard of BPC until you mentioned it. I also didn’t realize you could make it yourself.

For me its gone to shit for now, with other issues taking up my time. Still eat well, but can’t get to the gym or ride at the moment.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘LeanGains VS iDave Diet’ is closed to new replies.