Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Leaky Beaver
  • Nobby

Trying a Beaver EXC on the front and, whilst it seems very grippy & pretty good all round in the local slop I just can’t get it to seal completely around the bead. I get that this isn’t necessarily a UST or TR tyre but I’ve never had any other not seal.

Tried it on UST & non-UST rims with the same result 🙁

Any tips/tricks or do I just go & buy one of the tubeless ones?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Tenalady

bikebouy
    Free Member

PMSL.

Nobby

Well that only took 60 seconds 🙂

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Not sure they do a tr one, I’ve got one on the rear works great, maybe a fault with the tyre?

Stiggy

It will seal but I found the Beavers sidewalls too light and prefer to run with tubes. Saying that the EXO version is now available that I run on the back, went up first time tubeless.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

LOL!! Thought the title was referring to something much different.

spooky_b329

Stans shuffle.

Hold the rim at 3 and 9 o clock, waggle it. The sealant at the bottom will slosh over the tyre sidewalls. Rotate the wheel 1/8th or so, repeat. Much better coverage of the sidewalls than you’ll get by riding it.

mdavids
    Free Member

Beaver EXC 29 is the only tyre I’ve been unable to get up tubeless so far. There’s 3 hours of my life I’ll never get back, seems like a particularly loose fitting tyre.

Gave up in the end and put a tube in, left it overnight then tried again next day and it went up first go and hasn’t went back down.

Good method for getting your stans goo sloshed around is repeatedly bouncing the wheel off the floor whilst spinning then catching it

ononeorange

May I nominate this post as the best opportunity recently to put up the badger/tubeless picture?

jairaj

I’m currently running the 26 non tubeless version. I got it to seat and seal the bead very quickly but found the sidewalls leaked a bit. Tyre had lost almost all pressure after a week. I’ve topped it up with more sealant once and seems to have done the trick. Its been a few weeks and pressures seem fine using a very highly accurate squeeze test. I usually use an Ignitor EXO version which sealed and held pressure first time.

Nobby

Getting it seated isn’t an issue & the side walls are fine, it’s literally a few places around the rim.

I’ve tried the ‘stans shuffle’ & all sorts of other spinning/sloshing/bouncing but it’s still losing air – slowly, but leaking nonthelesst.

It seems there is a TR version but I can’t find it in a 26 flavour.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

I had the same with mine, wold always go flat after a few days – the only tyres i’ve found to do that so far.

IA

Never any problems seating/sealing (29er) beavers, wire or EXO here.

American Classic rims, bead hooks like stans, not UST.

UST rims often need a strip if not used with regular tyres (unlike stans or similar).

Bullet

It’s obviously not the ‘suede-like’ version we know and love 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve had some light tyres take three or four rides to seal up completely.

Nobby

Bad Bullet! 😆

I’ll just leave it & see how it is after a few rides then.

kelvin

Yup, even with sealant, they lose air between rides.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Leaky Beaver’ is closed to new replies.