Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Leafblowers in DHWC crowd
  • nach
    Free Member

All season, I’ve been watching downhill world cup runs and thinking “Who’s the dickhead revving a moped engine by the track?”

This is the first image I’ve seen showing one:

It appears to be a sawn off leafblower. If someone next to me in a crowd pulled one of those out and started revving it, it would rapidly end up in bits. Is there a story behind people doing this, or is it just bellends?

MSP

It is usually chainsaws with the chain removed. I do agree the perpetrators need a slap.

wwaswas

Think it’s a chainsaw with the ‘ooh! sharp!’ bit covered.

it’s ‘cos all the cool kids ride with a chainsaw so they cut a new trail at the drop of a pair of goggles.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Christ, someone’s put a coffee tin exhaust on it. Chainsaw barryboys.

ads678

Yeah kept hearing that at the bottom of the Andorra course, really bloody annoying!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

What would you replace them with? More cowbells? There is never a need for that. Not even when Walken says it. A polite smattering of applause when a talented rider glides by should suffice. But I’d rather have a chainsaw than sodding cowbells.

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s like an arms race.

I’m gonna take a cement mixer to Fort Bill next year.

nach
    Free Member

I was thinking that too. I might lay a patio in advance then take a pneumatic drill. I suppose a rammer plate would do in a pinch.

eddiebaby – Member
    I’d rather have a chainsaw than sodding cowbells.

I think we’ve found our perp, everyone!

rogermoore

It’s like an arms race.

I’m gonna take a cement mixer to Fort Bill next year.
    Whereas you’ll find me at ‘silent corner’ with a rake.
    RM.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol sometimes I wonder if STW would expect reserved seating for the WC 🙂 not too much shouting.

I was a little more disturbed by the Minaar fans tucking it away in the vids…

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Looks like a chainsaw with a fartcan.

Maybe it can be a new market for Halfords. In the bikehut section.

wwaswas

Whereas you’ll find me at ‘silent corner’ with a rake.

or join the other pitchfork, kettle and biscuit owners at ‘stw purposeless flashmob drop’

Northwind

Let me play for you the music of my people! BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I don’t mind the noise but I object to the halfassedness.

Everyone wants to be in Jackyl

jimjam
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

Think it’s a chainsaw with the ‘ooh! sharp!’ bit covered.

Um. What? Anyway. Just to quote myself.

jimjam – Member

Klunk

what’s with the reving chainsaws ?

Sounds and smells like a motorbike. Braaap etc. I saw it years ago in a video of a race at Whistler. So now it has to be done everywhere. At every race.

Special mention must go to the guy at Fort William this year who kept an eye on the start list and only started/revved the Chainsaw for british riders. Yeah, you go for it man. That’s the spirit [/quote]

Rubber_Buccaneer

Chainsaws are pleasant compared to the damn air horns that were popular at Superbike races back a few years ago.

alanf
    Free Member

First time I went top Monza for WSBK (circa 2002) they had these on the campsite plus bikes with no wheels which got revved to destruction or until the exhaust melted, two mopeds welded together with a trailer as an unofficial campsite bus. The louder the better and no holds barred. Quite an eye opener for a first timer. Not sure why it’s gone over to WCDH or why it’s been so long!
    It was great to see and be part of at Monza but not sure it’s ‘right’ for the WCDH

sbob
    Free Member

eddiebaby – Member

What would you replace them with?

This?

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

If you think those chainsaws are irritating I hope you never have the misfortune to be stood next to some tw#t with a klaxon, so popular in recent years at superbike meetings!
    There’s always been noisy fans at races. Going back to the campsites at late 80’s European Endurance rounds With motorcycles they used to rev the valves off them,god knows what they’ve progressed to now.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sbob, you are one sick puppy.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Everyone should have them!! The noise is only part of whats so good about them.

As long as they use a decent castor oil I could smell them all day long!!!

jimjam
    Free Member

almightydutch – Member

Everyone should have them!! The noise is only part of whats so good about them.

As long as they use a decent castor oil I could smell them all day long!!!

That’s what I smell like. Wanna smell me all day long?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Leafblowers in DHWC crowd’ is closed to new replies.