Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Le Tour – Spoiler
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Gorgeous George in with a shout of yellow!

I hope so.

AndyP
    Free Member

very odd decision – could spell curtains for Cav's hopes of green.

colnagokid

If George gets yellow, he'll lose it tomorrow.
    The rain is spoiling my sky picture!!!

lister-hooded
    Free Member

Fascinating finish today imho……

Weird to see Columbia slowing things up at the front of the peloton, almost looked like a gentle club ride at times with them sat up …

peteimpreza

Cav has not been given any points in the sprint!! What is going on!! He came in ahead of Hushovd but has not been given any score on the TdF site.

AndyP
    Free Member

blocked Hush on the sprint.

peteimpreza

Do you think he has been relegated by the referee then?

colnagokid

Armstrong blaming Garmin for not 'allowing' Hincapie the yellow! And there's me thinking it was a bike race!
    Cav was a bit naughty to Thor in the sprint, I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the columbia bus!

Unosprocket
    Free Member

If you watch the overhead footage Cav doesn't appear to deviate from his line,the barriers look to bulge out onto the course blocking Thor.

skolt
    Free Member

Wiggins the dark horse to steal it – he's biding his time…

mefty
    Free Member

mefty
    Free Member

Probably the right decision as he did come out in front and across Thor when he did not need to.

the_lecht_rocks

bolll0x – the road thinned, that was sherwin's verdict too !
    what a shame for the petulant one 🙁

uplink
    Free Member

Not seen the overhead but if the road thins shouldn't Cav have stayed parallel to the barriers?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Sound like sour grapes on Hushovd part IMO, the overhead shot shows Cav stayed on his racing line not his fault the barriers got narrower, besides Hushovd would not of caught him anyway, that Dutch commissary looked like he was high on something or pissed like Wiggins says they are as he would not entertain an appeal and his decision is final. Total tosser.

scaredypants

well, if he will say nasty things about the french…

(didn't take long though, did it ?!)

aracer
    Free Member

That was quite a shocking decision by the commissaires. Don't know what footage they were looking at, but it can't have been the same footage I saw – looking at it the first time I wondered what Hushovd was complaining about. Looking at the overhead it was quite clear why the problem was, and it wasn't Cav's fault. He basically stuck to his line – no swerving to one side.

For those accusing Cav of being arrogant, at least he has the excuse of youth, and he is the best in the world at what he does. That chief commissaire bloke redefined arrogance in his answer to whether it was possible to appeal – and if he's the best in the world I'd hate to see what the rest are like.

Yes I have got my Brit biased goggles on, but I'm fairly sure I'd struggle to see what the problem was even if he hadn't been a Brit.

aracer
    Free Member

Just taking off my Brit-centric goggles (though maybe keeping my English speaking ones on) have been over to cyclingnews to check for any comments, and found the following from Jonathon Vaughters "That had nothing to do with George or Columbia. Wiggo almost lost 15 seconds the other day due to a split. We can't have that happen again." referring to Garmin riding on the front of the pack and limiting the gap Hincapie got, thus preventing him getting yellow. Now I'm confused – how exactly does them riding on the front keeping the pack speed up kms from the finish help prevent splits in the pack at the finish? I reckon JV is being rather economical with the truth – does he really have something against Columbia HTC as their boss suggests, or was somebody slipped a bulging brown envelope?

mrchrispy

the overhead shots shows it how it is, cav stuck to his line.
    but I do think Columbia train kinda slowed and it almost looked like they were blocking a little in an atempt to give their guy the yellow. its all getting very interesting

aracer
    Free Member

but I do think Columbia train kinda slowed and it almost looked like they were blocking a little in an atempt to give their guy the yellow.

I think it's just that they weren't quite leading out at their usual full speed in an attempt to help George. Though their train can't have been helped by the fact George is normally the man who effectively starts the sprint for them (taking over from the guys doing steady high speed into the last km). Still don't see what Thor has to complain about – just hoping they might realise they've been stupid when out getting pissed later tonight as they did with the split in the field a few days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Le Tour – Spoiler’ is closed to new replies.