• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by b17.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Laying Patio
  • RegP
    Free Member

Hi all wanted to ask the wealth of knowledge on here, I have got to lay my patio on the weekend, the base etc is prepared, but it is an indian sandstone, that comes in the 5 different sizes to fit together, does anyone have tips for getting it to look correct first time.

Thanks

Rocketdog36
    Free Member

http://www.pavingexpert.com/

everything u need to know

RegP
    Free Member

Looking at that Rocket Dog, thanks for the help. I do have an irregular area to fill not a sinple square patio, is there any design packages to help me work out the patterns?

mt
    Free Member

First make sure that the hole for the body is deep enough or you will have a unsightly bulge in paving.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Design packages?!?! Squared paper and a pencil?

bruneep

First make sure that the hole for the body is deep enough or you will have a unsightly bulge in paving.

and a bag of lime helps. (so I've been told)

RegP
    Free Member

Just trying to work out how to get the standard pattern to fit when odd shape?

No person in the base, dam I knew there was somthing missing.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Just trying to work out how to get the standard pattern to fit when odd shape?

You will be cutting the edges then – if it's only a small area/can do it in a w/e, hire a disc cutter and diamond blade. If you're going to take your time, buy the tools outright. If you're near Bristol, you can borrow mine 😉

mt
    Free Member

Were is Fred West when you need him. Acutally he layed an ashfelt floor in a mates house.

b17
    Free Member

lay the stones out on the garden as they are meant to be and use string/tape to mark your patio shape, then lay from the middle out

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Laying Patio’ is closed to new replies.