Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Latest Heckler shocks
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Hi all, Just got myself a new style heckler frame, that came with a RS monarch 3.3 shock fitted. I'm not to impressed with it to be honest! I've played around with the pressure and, doesnt seem very plush and easily blows through its tavel on easy terrain, and was wondering which shocks you've got fitted and recomend.
    Thanks!

jockhaggis
    Free Member

RP23 on mine, works a treat.

Don't really notice it working but the little rubber ring on the shaft is always just at the end after a ride. 😕

plecostomus
    Free Member

Rp23 re valves on mine for more of a pedaling platform have a dhx 5.0 air also but don't use it much too much of a wallowy feel to it

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I run a DHX Coil on mine…

Spot on IMHO..

Excuse the crappy iPhone pics.. but you get the idea…

CalD
    Free Member

When I had my hecklers I ran the float r, rockshox vivid and dhx5 aircan felt wrong could never get it sorted, vivid was in balance the best shock very adjustable and planted

LoCo
    Free Member

You can tune the Monarchs, I can't get to the relevant technical information at the moment so can't give you a definitive answer, but it may be worth considering as it'll be cheaper than a new shock.

Elsa
    Free Member

I swap between an RP23 and a Progressive 5th Element with a titanium coil depending on what I'm doing.

stugus
    Free Member

RP23 for me, seems spot on.

unsponsored
    Free Member

DHX 5 Coil on mine with a titanium coil

The DHX5 is supposed to be naff of on Heckler

snotrag

I run the same setup as Teeto it seems – Fox 36 up front, DHX5 coil in the back. Really happy with it after using air shocks on a number of longer travel/trail bikes – I think for a frame like the Heckler the weight penalty is worth it. Suuuuper plush and sensitive.

Mike
    Free Member

Changed from a Manitou Swinger 3 Way to a Fox Rp2 on my old Heckler – the difference was incredible and totally transformed the bike

juiced
    Free Member

sorry for the thread high jack but what dhx5 coil shock would i need for an 06 heckler? is there a certain size??currently got a float air thing.

Mike
    Free Member

200 x 57mm from memory…

ex-pat
    Free Member

Old heckler and a shock everyone hated. But works a charm on my bike.

scruff
    Free Member

I had RP23 and DHX 5 on mine, TBH I coulnt tell all that much when the coil went on, only on faster bumpy stuff. But I guess thats the point…

mickasaki
    Free Member

I was thinking of a DHX coil, or swinger coil which are a much better price (from the US anyway!) I've got an RP23 on my heckler frame that is in the loft so am going to try that first, although its a 200mm instead of 215, but should give an indication what it would ride like although it will slacken the angles a bit!

mickasaki
    Free Member

Does anyone know what length shock and stroke these frames should actually have? Mine is 215 with a stroke of 57, that sounds wrong to me! Are they not 63 stroke?
    Thanks!

jockhaggis
    Free Member

8.5” x 2.5” (216x 63mm)
    The mounting hardware is 22mm wide with an 8mm through hole.

Straight form the Santa Cruz website!

Over here

mickasaki
    Free Member

Thanks Jock, i did look on the santacruz site but didn't spot that, must try harder in future (story of my life)!Thats probably why it feels like it blows through its travel then! The joys of buying a used frame, you dont know whats happened before you got it! Time to find another shock then 😥

mickasaki
    Free Member

Best i learn to read a tape measure too! the shock does have the right stroke of 63mm afterall! 😆

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Latest Heckler shocks’ is closed to new replies.