Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Lastminute.com airfare prices WTF!
  • skolt
    Free Member

Does anyone know why Lastminute.com prices vary so much seemingly by the second?
    I’m looking to book flights to the USA and putting the same data into their site on two different computers brings up totally different prices. It’s like they’re just making them up!

Why?

druidh
    Free Member

Sometimes, these sites will put the price up once they know there is interest. So – by making the same inquiry twice you trigger the “price increase” algorithm.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cookies/Cache.

These sites “remember” if you’ve been in and looked, then alter the price accordingly. Upwards.

skolt
    Free Member

that’s criminal – I’ll try from a different computer! Any independent travel agents out there able to beat the big boys?

leffeboy

Yep, try different browsers or even proxies/ToR so you look as if you are different parts of the country or even different countries if you want to go really mad 🙁

And clear your cookies between visits as well. It messes with your head

dharmstrong
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

No, no, no, You’re just making it look like they’ve become even more popular/desirable. That will have the effect of putting the prices up yet again.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Where and when are you flying?

footflaps

Easyjet definitely used to up the price each time you looked.

skolt
    Free Member

looks like you can’t win.
    Now CaptainFlashheart if I tell you the route/dates everyone will start searching for the best deal and before you know it I’ll have to sell the house to afford the tickets!!!!
    Or have you a better plan?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 It only works on your ‘puters!

Was just going to see if I could suggest routes/airlines, as I fly to the US rather too often!

scaredypants

tell him the wrong date – by 48hr – they’ll be begging you to fly on the real date 🙂

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Ryan air don’t but they did just ripp me off with a £12 “admin fee” WTF is that for?

maccruiskeen

skolt » that’s criminal – I’ll try from a different computer! Any independent travel agents out there able to beat the big boys?
    No, no, no, You’re just making it look like they’ve become even more popular/desirable. That will have the effect of putting the prices up yet again.

superb – its like bidding against your own reflection in an auction

skolt
    Free Member

Expedia had the most transparent pricing and website so booked through them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lastminute.com airfare prices WTF!’ is closed to new replies.