• This topic has 128 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • Last night when I got home from the pub….
  • Keva
    Free Member

…I decided to brew up the magic mushrooms which I’ve keeping in a jar since last autumn time.

A very ‘interesting’ night to say the least. One of the most intense psychedelic experiences I’ve had in my life, words can’t express really !

Felt like I’d been over a mountain by the end of it, relieved to be relieved… can’t say I’m in a hurry to do it again but once or twice a year is good for the soul.

Kev

coffeeking
    Free Member

Congratulations, you must feel good inside having successfully lived through poisoning yourself. Not sure it’s the sort of post that should be on an open family website though.

zaskar
    Free Member

Sorry but drugs are for losers. 😈

Glad you enjoyed your escapism though 😀

I think he should post it-good Debate… Dam hippy cyclists…

Family forum? thats a joke right! LOL

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I prefer a cycle-delic experience – ride to the top of a mountain and witness the sweeping curves or jutting rocks in an ever changing play of light and shadow

bruneep

Sorry but drugs are for losers.

not so there are good drugs and baaad drugs.

penicillin is a drug = good

heroin is also a drug = bad

it depends on your choice of drug

40mpg

I’m having fun with dihydrocodeine and cocodamol rioght now having broken my collarbone thursday night.

Actually thats a lie, drugs are shite and make me feel sqonky, i’d rather have the pain.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Easy for you to say that ………. have you any idea the problems I have satisfying my addiction to warding off bacterial infections ?

bruneep

you have thrush?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’ve been taking it for a week or so and it makes me nauseous 🙁

Keva
    Free Member

Congratulations, you must feel good inside having successfully lived through poisoning yourself.

I do feel very good inside actually, psilocybin containing mushrooms are a natural entheogen and cleanse the body, not poison it. They have been used for thousands of years by indigenous people all over the planet as a means to having a relationship with spirit, a very important aspect the human condition which is sadly missed these days due to the western ‘attitude towards drugs’

Kev

WTF
    Free Member

Not sure it’s the sort of post that should be on an open family website though.

anagallis_arvensis

I do feel very good inside actually, psilocybin containing mushrooms are a natural entheogen and cleanse the body, not poison it. They have been used for thousands of years by indigenous people all over the planet as a means to having a relationship with spirit, a very important aspect the human condition which is sadly missed these days due to the western ‘attitude towards drugs’

still taste like **** though

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They have been used for thousands of years by indigenous people all over the planet

Why can’t immigrants use them too ?

Keva
    Free Member

boil ’em up, simmer for a few minutes, siv, drink. yummy. doesn’t taste too bad. Ayahuasca tastes much worse.

Kev

alpin
    Free Member

yay! shrooms. used to pick em wild whe i was in Oz. that was fun; running around off ya tits with a full moon chasing kangeroos.

a few years back now, there used to be a local shop selling ‘shrooms.

he’d ask what you wanted; trippy, stoned, mellow, and would take you out back and mix something up.

was a good evening when i arrived at the pub for my mates birthday. everyone was on the beers and i asked for tea-for-2. barmaid gave me a big steaming pot of water and a few teabags.

put half the shrooms in the pot along with a teabag. all i can say that it was very interesting eating in PizzaExpress with all the mirrors everywhere.

great fun.

about 2 weeks later there was a change in the law. you couldn’t sell shrooms that were ready but you could still sell the kits. wait six weeks and you’d have a batch ready.

should probably look into buying a kit now as kicks are far and few between (if you exclude the tuppaware box currently full of weed).

alpin
    Free Member

yeah, not that bad tasting. drink with something else and a few extra sugars on top (i usually have three sugars in me tea anyway)

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member
    BoardinBob

While alcohol and tobacco remain legal, no criticism can be given to ANY illegal drug

Stoner
    Free Member

what you mean Bob is that legal drugs arent safe from criticism.

Of course you can criticise illegal drugs, just dont forget to criticise legal ones too.

BoardinBob

That’s fair comment.

No one criticised the OP for mentioning he was at the pub.

Alcohol and tobacco cause far more death, misery, suffering etc than pretty much all illegal drugs combined!

roper
    Free Member

Just curious but how do you know “
    They have been used for thousands of years by indigenous people all over the planet as a means to having a relationship with spirit”

and

“a means to having a relationship with spirit, a very important aspect the human condition”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

psylocibin is not a poison. It has no toxic effects. Overdosage is virtually impossible unlike alcohol

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

No but psilocybin is an illegal drug!

andyl46
    Free Member

Are shrooms still legal in this country? I can’t remember the law on this one, if I remember right you could harvest them, take them and be in posession of them, but drying them or processing them for consumption was illegal?

Shroom tea is very interesting indeed!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It also occurs in naturally growing mushrooms in the UK.

I would love to see the classification of mushrooms as a drug tested. It used to be that they were only considered a “drug” if processed but there was a change in the law a year or two ago.

I just don’t see how someone could be fairly prosecuted for what grows on their lawn

Stoner
    Free Member

I just don’t see how someone could be fairly prosecuted for what grows on their lawn

indeed. you should see my lawn.
    Do you think Im safe from prosecution?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

stoner – the difference being psylocibin mushrooms are a native species that grows wild and widely. the law was changed because folk were selling frozen mushrooms that did not break the old law openly but I simply do not see how anyone picking them in the wild could be fairly prosecuted. In theory under the law as it stands now all owners of sheepgrazing land break the law by being in possession of the shrooms every autumn

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Where a controlled drug involved is a fungus containing psilocin or an ester of psilocin (commonly known as magic mushrooms) posession will not be unlawful in certain circumstances. Those circs are where the fungus is growing uncultivated and it:
    (1) is picked by a person already in lawful possession of it (eg land owner on whose land the mushrooms are growing) for the purpose of delivering it (ASAP) into the custody of a lawful person (eg police). OR
    (2) it is picked by anyone for someone to hand to the police.

Otherwise it’s still illgeal and is a class A drug!!

Stoner
    Free Member

there you go TJ, the act of picking not for the purposes in 1 and 2 is the crime, not refining or preparing for consumption.

I imagine there are possibly other narcotic derivatives that can be picked from wild. I wonder at what point hemlock becomes illegal? probably administration 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Stoner – thats the change in the law – thanks for clarifying that Mungechick

nostoc
    Free Member

so just say that you`re on your way to the police station to hand them in

Keva
    Free Member

roper…

The evolution of modern humans has taken more than five million years but until less than 50,000 years ago we had no art, no religion, no sophisticated symbolism, no creative and innovative thinking, and quite possibly no language. Then, a dramatic and electrifying change overtook our ancestors in every part of the globe, and all the skills and qualities that we value most highly in ourselves today appeared suddenly, already fully formed, as though bestowed on us by hidden powers. Scientists describe this change as “the greatest riddle in human history”.
    The first art of mankind, in the painted caves and rock-shelters of southwest Europe and South Africa, dates back to the time of the great change. Why do these ancient paintings, tens of thousands of years old, depict beings of a kind that are never found in nature – strange and eerie hybrids with the heads of animals and the bodies of humans?

taken from here:
    http://www.grahamhancock.com/supernatural/

Kev

RichPenny
    Free Member

No but psilocybin is an illegal drug!

The law is nonsensical sometimes, I agree.

Keva
    Free Member

Mine were picked whilst on a bike ride in Wales. It’s ridiculous for someone to attempt to make a mushroom or any plant for that matter illegal and it’s ridiculous for anyone to tell me what I can and cannot put into my own body. If I do not have the full sovereignty over my own consciousness then we cannot call our society democratic. I WILL do what I choose with my own mind and no law however absurd is ever going to change that. Religion stem from shamanism and shamanism stems from the ingestion of consciousness altering plants and then other methods to reach similar states of mind were developed later such as Yoga, trance drumming, dancing and fasting etc. All religions speak of a persons transcendent experiences into these realms and governemts today have now made these substances illegal and demonise them to prevent people from having their own real spiritual experiences.

Kev

epicyclo

Keva, you’re talking garbage, maybe your mind has already been fried, but it’s your right to believe it and use the stuff IMHO.

Just don’t extol drug use where impressionable kids can see it please.

BoardinBob

Just don’t extol drug use where impressionable kids can see it please

Yet we can have a weekly thread with half naked women (and men) for kids to see?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

epicyclo – get off your high horse.

Humankind has used drugs as long as there has been humankind. Most of the problems from drugs stem from prohibition not from the drug themselves.

Different societies use different drugs. Ours uses alcohol mainly and that causes far more problems than other drugs used in other societies.

When did you last see a hippy going fighting mad when full of hallucinogens

Starlet
    Free Member

Perhaps I’m being a little naive here, but if psilocybin is harmless, non-toxic and it’s impossible to overdose on it, then why is it classed as an illegal drug? There are lots of poisonous plants growing wild in the countryside that would possibly kill you if you ate them, but there is no raft of laws stating you’re not allowed to pick or process, say, poison oak. Why pick on mushrooms? Surely they must have a dark side.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

starlet – because the daily wail / neopuritan tendency hate to see people enjoying themselves for free. Its all part of the “war on drugs”

The thing with hallucinogens such as this is that tolerance builds very quickly – so you cannot get stoned on them very often.

I certainly know of no harm that has ever come to anyone from mushrooms. I guess it could act as a trigger for psychotic episodes tho as other hallucinogens can.

It is very safe in overdosage. a dose to get high is 10-50 mushrooms. I know of folk who have had thousands at one go.

No addiction, no withdrawal, no toxicity

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Last night when I got home from the pub….’ is closed to new replies.