Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lasers.
  • MrSparkle

I’ve organiseda night time fell race. Last night we were doing a recce run over the moor and on the highest point we were looking down on the town. Miles away over the far side somebody was shining a green laser. It was pretty impressive.It got me thinking that it would be pretty good for indicating to the runners where the marshal point on the ‘tricky, boggy, invisible path’ bit of the course is. I already have the marshals in hi-vis, the route marked with poles with reflective tape on but, hey, a mahoosive laser sweeping across the moor would be flipping brilliant! It would also fit in with the generally feel of the event – moortop disco and fire etc etc..
    So, those in the know tell me all about ’em. No doubt they are dead expensive and illegal or something.
    Still making light sabre noises to myself here…

wwaswas

make sure you’re not on the flight path to anywhere.

RustySpanner

No idea about lasers, but playing loud, bloodcurdling werewolf noises 20 minutes after everyone’s set off would not be amusing in the slightest.
    Oh no.

CountZero

Look on dx.com, (Deal Extreme), they do loads of different colour lasers, I’ve got a 1W green laser that’s seriously bright, dangerously so where people are about. Mine was about $30.

Pierre

Once you get locked into a serious laser collection – not that we needed all that for the race – the tendency is to push it as far as you can…

http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/my-laser-collection-show-yours-32898.html

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lasers.’ is closed to new replies.