Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • laptop stands
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Was going to go for griffin one but anything else worth a look? Ta

z1ppy

What exactly do you want the stand to do?
    As that looks next to useless. It’s taking up loads of room on the desk, and your not going to use the keyboard in that position*, so why have to extended @ 90° from the screen. A more upright unit would be better, taking up less space and actually getting the top of the screen nearer your eye line (the whole point of a stand).

Off-hand though I have no actual experience of these unit, this look much much more use:

* trying to use the keyboard in that position is so ergonomically bad (it’ll hurt your wrists in extended use) it scary, so I assume your going to use an external keyboard and mouse with the stand… if you weren’t… plan to.

EDIT:
    We used to use these at work, at lot more substantial (and HP specific) & what I’d be looking at for a laptop stand

fontmoss
    Free Member

would be with an external keyboard but i’ll have a look at that one, cheers

trail_rat
    Free Member

first one looks the same as what i use in the office to gt the laptops monitor to an ergonomically correct height.

we use it with an external keyboard and mouse.

works well – although ours are dell with a built in docking station.

downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

+1 for the Griffin, works well on my desk and matches my MacBook Pro, which is the main thing after all, isn’t it? 😀

binners

downhillsquirrel is bang on! Aesthetics to match my Macbook Pro are all that’s important. If it works too, then that’s a nice little bonus 😀

Actually…. The Griffen is great. I’ve been using one for years. It breaks down into 3 parts so you can shove it in your laptop bag with an ickle Mac blue-tooth keyboard. Which is rather handy

fontmoss
    Free Member

ta!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘laptop stands’ is closed to new replies.