Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • laptop blackout
  • jesterthefirst
    Free Member

I have a problem with my computer and wondered if any one here knows what this problem is. It is working absolutely fine but after a minute or so of loading up it is like someone switching a light off so I can’t see my screen. It is totally black and wondered if this is a fixable problem and if so how?

JamieMc
    Free Member

I had this problem with an old laptop overheating a new fan fixed it. I’m sure there are all manner of causes but im no comupter wizz

cranberry
    Free Member

Does it power down completely, or is just the screen going blank ?

If it is very warm underneath and powers off completely, then the fan/vents could be blocked ( other symptoms might be a very noisy fan/no fan spinning at all ). Check underneath for vents, and give them a good old blast from a can of compressed air. Sneeze, clean the dust off yourself, and make sure that the fan is now turning properly ( you can get it spinning by knocking the blades with a paperclip). Repeat periodically.

Cougar

When you say the screen is totally black:

Does it actually go totally black, or is there still a very faint display there which is really really hard to see?

Does everything else stay on?

jesterthefirst
    Free Member

Cougar – your post describes the exact problem. There is a very faint display which is very hard to see. I posted this morning using a torch! Everything else does stay on. I managed to back everything up ok this morning too. I’m fairly sure it’s just a “light” thing but don’t know why or how to fix it.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Probably the screen inverter or possibly the screen backlight, you can usually get an inverter on ebay for a few quid.

z1ppy

sounds to have a backlight issue, use that term and your laptop model to search for the most likely fault, and then for DIY repair guides or the likely cost of a shop doing it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘laptop blackout’ is closed to new replies.