Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Lance 8th title? God I hope not…..
  • ciron
    Free Member

Is that the same Cadel that complained nobody wanted to win the race enough to chase down Valverde when it was him in the leaders jersey?

zaskar
    Free Member

Never said I liked Evans-never met him but have seen him ride for yrs.

Carlos Sastre has also been sneakily quiet again, letting everyone get the limelight before pulling 2 stage wins from 7+hrs climbs.

Whoever wins, it’s definately going to be good and I won’t be able to watch it except the highlights :O(

Hello work? yes I have swine flu…I know I’m calling from France-it’s where the quarantine camp is…

Daisy Duke yester year:

Daisy Duke Now:

No pun at original poster, just reminded of the old tv prog…

jimmy

why are people obsessed that Lance is a doper, he’s just been caught. Get over it, the man’s an unbelievable (yes but believe it) talent. I suppose Ussain Bolt shares needles with him?

AndyP
    Free Member

Evans isn’t helped by his team being more useless than 8 STWers out on a baggy shorted, visored up road ride. They’ve left Charlie Wegelius out for god’s sake.

seriously? hadn’t seen that.

Hmmm. Team leader isolated every time road went upwards last year. Let’s sign some teammates who are good at hills. And then not select them.
    Mentalists…..

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I like Cadel. I’d nut some of the press in those situations too, **** irritating plonkers. How he places so well when he pretty much has to do it all off his own back I don’t know.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Why can’t Lance win the tour? I dont see any viable reason why he cant. I will be having a few quid on him anyhow. Anything can happen in that crazy race. AC gets kicked out for taking some drugs. Maybe another contender like Evans or Menchov gets caught out or gets an injury or has a few bad rides leaving them bunched up towards the end.

If he can keep in the mix (which I think he will) then stranger things have happened (much stranger)

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I still would regarding that pic of the nowaday Daisy Duke!

nostoc
    Free Member

well if Contador is planning a blood top-up he’d better be careful who is looking after the bags

aP
    Free Member

He’d be advised not to write his initials on them.

zaskar
    Free Member

seth you’ve been drinking again! That bottom pic is the after pic your fool…

Like I said it’s a close call…I wouldn’t like to bet unless it’s on 5 riders…

How about which U.K. rider will do the best?

uplink
    Free Member

I’d nut some of the press in those situations too

I particularly liked his ‘don’t touch me’ slap
    I know he was suffering with a duff shoulder but it was an amusing [girls] playground type of attack

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I reckon Cavendish is on for the green jersey, he wants it badly enough, whether the team will keep him going when they head to the hills is another thing entirely, they may want him to rest up ahead of the Vuelta, but I’d like to see him finish the tour this year. I don’t think anyone will convince him not to if that is what the game plan is, especially after the farce of the olympics last year.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Yeah I know its the after pic! I have a thing for larger ladys!

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Ladies I mean LOL

peakmonster
    Free Member

Is this a road bike forum???

uplink
    Free Member

Shared use for most of July – usually 🙂

It’s in the rules somewhere 😉

hugorune

Is that a bit of a silly question?

peakmonster
    Free Member

Ahh closet rodie forum, for those to unfit old or crippled!
    I’m off!!!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Oi! I resemble that remark 😡

KINGTUT
    Free Member

peakmonster – Member

I’m off!!!

Bye.

flatback
    Free Member

Good luck to lance its nice to see someone near my age still going for it

alwyn
    Free Member

I don’t really mind who wins, I just want the race to be as goods as all the hype suggests.

ourmaninthenorth

They’ve left Charlie Wegelius out for god’s sake.

V disappointed about this. Rode well in the Giro.

Sastre has a pretty good team with him, and showed good form in the Daupiné – superb attacking in the later mountian top stages.

Evans is going well, too, and isn’t the wheelsucker people like to suggest. However, he isn’t a rider with a lot of style or panache. Watch out for him.

Menchov has raised his profile a little too much recently, but certainly has showed that, like last year, riding the Giro does wonders for his form. Superb racer. Like his style.

But all this grand tour stuff is just the long tail end of the proper cycling season – the Spring Classics.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Are you doing the Etape Tom?

ourmaninthenorth

Are you doing the Etape Tom?

Yes. Can’t say I’m particularly looking forward to it – I’m hardly built for climbing. Having tried, but failed to cpmplete, the 2007 edition, it’s a bit of a monkey on my back. I shall be pleased to cast that monkey aside.

More importantly, though, I shall be on Mont Ventoux for the penultimate stage of the Tour the following Saturday to see how it ought to be done.

simondbarnes

They’ve left Charlie Wegelius out for god’s sake.

He’s in now after Thomas Dekker was a bit careless with his EPO intake.

hora
    Free Member

I don’t really mind who wins, I just want the race to be as goods as all the hype suggests.

Much like Kimi/alonso/Hamilton was a good season in the end (I prefer Hamilton)…..so a close TDF with Lance fighting and losing with respect- heck I’d settle for that.

hora
    Free Member

why are people obsessed that Lance is a doper

A mixture of jealousy- the dopers who were all caught suddenly becoming evangelical, the Yank-haters, the Lance-haters, those who cant beleive she pain/agony/willpower and strength can haul someone out of the pits of disrepair/pain…

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

my predictions

Armstrong will not work for contador, contador will get peeved, and they will attack each other til they crumble. sastre to win again. cav to drop out in the mountains. Evans to have another hissy fit with a journo. menchov to get busted.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Lance 8th title? God I hope not…..’ is closed to new replies.