Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lake Garda guiding?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I'm looking for a couple of days guiding at Lake Garda. Tried Cycleactive, but they arent interested unless you have booked on one of their full inc week long trips. I'm only there for a few days and already have accomodation.

They suggested to ask around at the LBS or Hotels, but does anyone have any better recommendations?

cheers

momo

Wherabouts are you staying? I stayed in Riva Del Garda last year, and got some good advice from one of the hire places. There are bike shops in most of the bigger towns, and all the ones I went in seemed very helpful.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I'm quite surprised at Cycleactive but I can understand it. I went on one of their trips last year and were brilliant but I guess if their Lake Garda trip is full they don't want extra bodies.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Not sure where we're camping yet, but will be pretty flexible. We'll go where the best riding / guiding is

momo

The northern half of the lake is where the mountains are. There are some route books available, not sure if you can get them online, but they were for sale in the shops.

tim41
    Free Member

Try these guys

gardaonbike

Did a tour over there about 3 years ago, with a large group of about 30 of us. Pretty sure Carlo and his guides can do small groups or individuals as well. They also do van uplifts – you'll need a few uplifts to get the best out of the area.

beagle
    Free Member

Never used them in Garda, they are club-giraffe – think it's an Israeli company. Stayed in a Giraffe hotel in morzine on a b&b basis. Dealings with them were effecient and organised. Don't know what their guiding is like, but I know they would entertain a couple of days as I was out for a wedding in Malcesine last year and enquired about it. I ended up hiking instead which drove me mad as the trails looked ace (especially around Riva, where I think they are based).

http://www.garda-mtb.com/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lake Garda guiding?’ is closed to new replies.