Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lake garda camping?
  • jamiesilo
    Free Member

anyone recommend me a campsite by lake garda, or possibly by others thereabouts: como, maggiore etc?

it’s only somewhere to stay for a night or two, breaking ap a long drive back form budapest to S of france (hard life!)

somewhere with a bit of a beach or good for 2 y.o. would be great.

also, should i try to squeeze in a ride? Obviously yes.
    how easy to find/ get to nice bits of trail. not up for the super steep thing i saw a german guy doing on minimovies (?) recently…

ElShalimo

Why not treat yourself to a cheap B&B?
    Look at agriturismo Garda, we stayed on one in Arco and it was cheap, pleasant and away from the hustle & bustle. The camp sites by Garda can be very busy

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

MTB is at the north end, there are a number of beach side campsites in Torbole. The beaches are more kitty litter than sand. We used Campeggio Arco Lido, it had good facilities and beach or grassed area by the lakeside to sit out on. Short walk along the lake side to the main town centre and food.

blurty

This place is nice http://www.camping-puntadoro.com/

Busy at peak season though

sharkattack

Me and the girlfriend stayed here; http://www.campingalporto.it

It was simply the first one we saw as we drove in. We had a drive around and couldn’t see anything better so ended up staying there. Can’t remember the price but it must have been cheap or we would have stayed in the van.

It’s right on the north shore of the lake so breathtaking scenery is seconds away and it’s also the jumping off point for most of the trails and guided tours.

Downsides;

It’s sandwiched between the lake and the main road so it’s a bit noisy but it’s the best you’ll get in such a busy area.

Also the heat. If we went back to Lake Garda we’d be looking at hotels as in the middle of July the heat was brutal during the day and we had nowhere to hide but our clammy tent or scorching hot van.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

thanks all. aye, gonna be busy, hot etc, but not as bad as the motorway
    think a cabin on a campsite looks a good option

any more?

Hoff

We’ve just come back from here Piatelle in Moniga del Garda

We stayed in one of the 4 apartments overlooking the pool, which was great with a toddler. The cabins looked good too. Shower blocks were probably the best I’ve ever seen on a campsite. Decent little shop, bar & restaurant on site with really friendly staff.

Site is on the edge of the lake with a pebble beach. Loads of cyclists about & only a short drive to the mountains

docrobster
    Free Member

We stayed at the southern tip with canvas a couple years ago:
    http://www.campingbutterfly.it
    Pleasant enough. Not great for beach access though.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

thanks again. piatelle looks great hoff

one last bump, any for lake como?

ElShalimo

I’m sure you can camp in George Clooney’s garden by Lake Como
    😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

When I was a youngster we went about 5 summers running to camping ideal molino on Lake garda. Best times of my childhood, no beach to speak of but a splendid jetty stretching out into the lake. Marvellous.

Go there. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lake garda camping?’ is closed to new replies.