Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lake Garda- anyone been?
  • pedrodelgado
    Free Member

Any Advice, tips and gps routes would be greatly appreciated!!
    Looking to do a mix of downhill and cross- country..
    Cheers in advance

BoardinBob
    bubs

Yes. Excellent. Prepare to redefine your definition of technical. Drop Micheal Cycle an email as per previous threads.

jekkyl

*michael – no michael in the history of the world has ever or will ever spell their name Micheal. 🙂
    Mike.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Michael cycle is your man. My inlaws live 1 hour drive away, I always make sure he’s out there when the mrs wants to go visit them 😈

mrblobby
    Free Member

Went a few years ago. Just trying to follow gpx or route descriptions was impossible! Get a guide.

julzm
    Free Member

Get a guide. Be based in Torbole. Make Luca uplift man your friend. And speak to Michael cycle. He’s on Facebook.

Definitely do not try to self guide as you’ll probably miss all the best bits and there are places where you’re not allowed to ride.

Have the right bike and take full protection – don’t do what we did and turn up just with your knee pads and trail lid when you’ve actually got all the gear but couldn’t be bothered to pack it.

Be prepared to meet loads of nice people from lots of different countries, drink fantastic coffee and eat great cake and pizza every day.

Don’t let your bike out of your sight when you’re there – another Michael we met who goes there every year told us the pick-up trucks know that expensive bikes are just left lying and they literally have them away in seconds. TBF we didn’t see this but this guy seemed genuine and even made me move my bike at the uplift station to keep it closer and in sight at all times.

The bike goes in the trailer thing by the non drive side crank, so if you’ve got lovely brand new carbon cranks, be prepared for them to maybe get scratched.

Loads and loads of different kind of riding but the descents are massive. It was probably a bit too advanced for me when I first went but I learned a lot – will definitely be back there.

chickenman

Yes, the trails are super rocky but you do get your eye in quickly. 601 is like riding down a river bed for 6000 vertical feet although it’s not as technical as some others.
    Torbole is a good base (though it’s a bit overrun and naff; more than compensated by the swimming + the stunning views across the lake). Michael and Luca Uplift are a good shout.
    For the most mental route around see the video of Tobi Leonhardt riding route 122 (very, very tech; one error and it’s goodnight in a few places).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lake Garda- anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.