Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lake District – Bike Friendly / Orientated (+Nice!) B&B
  • Kahurangi

I’m holidaying in the Lakes at the end of the month. Looking for a good B&B to retire to as a base for some riding after a week camping. Exact location isn’t particularly important ans good riding will be found wherever…

But any recommendations?

Best B&B in general (budget not particularly important, but obviously finite)?
    Any particularly bike friendly or orientated guest houses?

Or should I just get a room in the pub in Staveley?

cheers!

Wookster

Always liked cambridge villas in Ambside in the village so good for food and pubs plus some good routes out from there. Nice people who own it too!

geetee1972
    Free Member

You should seriously consider a youth hostel. They are far better set up for bikers (storage, washing and drying, cooking good and plentiful food etc) and cheaper. But mostly you have to sleeping a dorm. Ambleside is the best one I’ve stayed in and is a perfect place to base yourself.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi I sometimes ride with a couple that run a B&B in Keswick there always out Tuesdays with the KMB ride . They are both big mountain bikeing enthusiasts so would have plenty of route advice etc. The B&B looks very nice.
    Info here

http://www.grassmoor-keswick.co.uk/

Kahurangi

gt – thanks. I would normally put a youth hostel near the top of my list, but this is 1st long holiday away with the new GF so wanted something a bit less communal 🙂

wookster – I’ll look in to them

NCB – thanks. I was already planning a ride or two from Keswick so might be ideal!

thanks all 🙂

sam_underhill

Stayed 3 nights in Howe Keld in Keswick last week. Really really nice B&B. They’ve got a garage round the back where you can store your bikes.

philfive
    Free Member

The brown cow at Waberthwaite

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lake District – Bike Friendly / Orientated (+Nice!) B&B’ is closed to new replies.