Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Lager getting weaker?
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Perusing the local supermarket and was going to pop some Bud in the cart whilst it was on offer and I couldn’t help notice that the alcohol is now 4.8% rather than the previous 5%. Anyone know why this is? Checked out a few others and Stella seems to have dropped to 4.8% from it’s previous 5.2%.

Oh and before the wrath of Hades descends on the thread, in the summer months I prefer a Badger’s Champion or Fuller’s Honey Dew. Winter will see me reach for the Snecklifter, Hobgoblin or Old Peculiar. Leffe is an all year round option. 🙂

johnnyc

Brewers trying to save cash…..clicky

Kryton57

On the bright side, you’ll looking like a hero in the pub for downing 11*, not 10* pints of stella in the space of an hour before you fall over.

*If you’re over 35 or have kids change the numbers to 4 & 3 respectively.

wwaswas

if there’s an ‘and’ between those two change the number to 2 and add making sure you’re tucked up in bed before 22:30.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Currently, if you pay £3 for your pint, about £1 will go in tax

Three quid for a pint is a distant memory 🙁

ourmaninthenorth

Oh and before the wrath of Hades descends on the thread

TBH, I wouldn’t drink any of the beers you’ve listed (not because of strength, but on account of “taste”..!)

Keva
    Free Member

really?

Honey Dew is for women btw.

Kev

Cougar

Three quid for a pint is a distant memory

You’re drinking in the wrong place.

Cougar

Anyway.

I wonder if it’s all marketing. They’ll quietly reduce the potency of a drink, then release Drink Export in a couple of months, making it look special when it’s really just the stuff you used to drink.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Beer with less alcohol, food with fewer calories…

They are slowly and quietly starving us…

atlaz
    Free Member

Where I am, booze is cheap in shops (3 quid for 6 bottles of good beer) but not that cheap in bars. The compromise my colleagues have is sitting outside the petrol station drinking beer after work.

Harry_the_Spider

Three quid for a pint is a distant memory

Joseph Holts IPA. £2.16 a pint! However, it did feel like I had been pulled through with a christmas tree the following morning.

wwaswas

The compromise my colleagues have is sitting outside the petrol station drinking beer after work.

I guess watching the queueing motorists provides some entertainment.

Kryton57

wwaswas – Member

if there’s an ‘and’ between those two change the number to 2 and add making sure you’re tucked up in bed before 22:30.

There’s my lifestyle, summarise in but a few words…

Keva – Member

really?

Approaching 35 / missues pregnant? Afraid so matey, just accept it its fairly inevitable unless you have an ambition to appear on the Jermy Kyle show.

TheSanityAssassin

Some local brew in the Church Inn in Uppermill is £1.25 a pint. I normally drink lager, but at that price I don’t…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lager getting weaker?’ is closed to new replies.