Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • KS Southpaw – available at Stif cycles
  • matther01
    Free Member

£34.99

Arrived about 30mins ago. Just ordered 1.

akak
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up, trying to work out if a flexible noodle will work for me before spending out…

sam_underhill

I’ve only really seen some low-res images for these, but it looks like the cable exit will point straight at the stem. Is a better routing than a flexi noodle solution above the bar?

stevied
    Free Member

Linky?

sillyoldman

Routing similar to a gear shifter, so shouldn’t be a problem.

matther01
    Free Member

No link. Just heard from jungle that they just received them. Literally just arrived so not even on the website.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Don’t the other day wasn’t it?

Looks OK in an XT/XTR shifter kind of way:

Reminds me, I must get a cheapo gripshift as I wouldn’t mind trying that instead.

honourablegeorge

Nice one, I’d been asking about these the other day.

matther01
    Free Member

Akak – been using a flexi noodle for a while but still not finding an ideal angle with the brake blade and one finger braking…but far better than before.

eulach

What’s wrong with the normal ODI lever?

chukko
    Free Member

@eulach – if regular level was vertical, behind the bar, the cable would go almost straight upwards – so it is usally mounted that it goes level – lever is then also almost level – and to press on it, you need to get your thumb guite far away from the bottom of the grip.
    Southpaw position is much more natural – similar to front shifter.

olderigetfasteriwas
    Free Member

I agree, much more natural position, I couldn’t get on at all with the remote for my dropper, so converted a SLX front shifter by removing the top lever and the ratchets from inside, really fiddly job though, wouldn’t do it again, I’d buy the southpaw, probably a lot lighter too.

matther01
    Free Member

Where the hell did this get resurrected from?

FWIW…several months on the Southpaw has been great…but there again its so simple in design and function not much can go wrong with it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘KS Southpaw – available at Stif cycles’ is closed to new replies.