• This topic has 39 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by atlaz.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Regional separatism during the third world war
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

Being based in the West Country as far as I can tell all that would be required to create a regional vote of no confidence would be a blockade of the M4, the A303 and the A361, the rail network would look after itself and anyone not from the region would be buggered if they tried to take any other route especially is relying on sat nag, what about the rest of these golden shores how would your region fair?

After all these are wars created by politicians, bankers and alike. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter who resides in those towers of babel, what matters is who is targeted and who’s children don’t die unnecessarily.

How will your region survive?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I seem to have have stumbled in here by mistake. Bye.

MrNutt
    Free Member

your details have been recorded.

piemonster

In the event of a Third World War I’ll have bigger worries than passing a blockade on my annual holiday to **** Cornwall for **** sake.

Stoner
    Free Member

We’ve been training the village militia here for years.
    This is not going to be a bloodless coup.

oldnpastit

I live in East Anglia. I will either be incinerated in a white-hot nuclear blast centred over Mildenhall while cycling the red route around Thetford Forest, or more likely just die painfully over a few weeks from radiation poisoning caused by the fallout.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Keasea’s other login?

piemonster

I live in East Anglia. I will either be incinerated in a white-hot nuclear blast centred over Mildenhall while cycling the red route around Thetford Forest, or more likely just die painfully over a few weeks from radiation poisoning caused by the fallout.

Probably less painful than the Forest Lodge parking charges tbh.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well down here in Australia living under a Federal system I really don’t get it, double the overheads, laws that are similar but slightly different, more duplication. Anyway come the war things will just carry on as usual.

nach
    Free Member

the rail network would look after itself

Pffffff 😀

CountZero

You forgot the A429 , A4, A420, A350…

chip
    Free Member

Could you not try and swim to Belgium.
    Those webbed feet could turn out to be a blessing after all.

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

Assuming the M4 is sealed-off east of Sutton Benger the A350 takes care of itself, although West Country residents may want to close it themselves at Lacock and Semington, along with the B3107, A3102 and A365.

Edit to add: This.

Edited again to add: Berkshire can *** off, though.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d take my bikepacking kit to Mid Wales. After a few years I’d make my way over to a now nicely overgrown Brechfa and enjoy nice trails.

See you all over there. Maybe we’ll make a chain of defended communities around the trail centres.

nickjb
    Free Member

What about the M5, or are you not worried about ‘the North’

jon1973
    Free Member

Being based in the West Country

How many toes do you have on each foot?

Being based in the West Country as far as I can tell all that would be required to create a regional vote of no confidence would be a blockade of the M4, the A303 and the A361

In the event of all out thermonuclear armageddon, I magine Plymouth, Falmouth and that satellite tracking station near Bude are still on Vladimir’s hit list.

i’m not sure blocking the M4 will pose much probelm to an incoming ICBM.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

What if ‘the enemy’ make an amphibious landing westward of your defences in order to secure your strategically important supplies of cream teas and saucy postcards?

kimbers

The Eden project will be mistaken for a military installation and you’ll all be nuked to a crisp anyway

And besides without the summer influx of leary tourists and stag parties depositing their genetic leavings in your gene pool the inbreeding would create more mutants than the nuclear fallout

Which may come in handy if the Somerset levels flood with global warming, youll need some Kevin Costner fishmen to survive

mattsccm
    Free Member

Here in the FOD we would drop both Severn Bridges. We are relying on the Welsh, as a colony, to do our bidding here as it will benefit them as well. A similar job up the Wye to Ross would sort that side out. The only worry then is the A40. As the lack of bridges will make that so congested as to be impassable its pretty secure. Its not that far from Gloucester to Ross that a big fence couldn’t be put up as well. We several castles as a last resort and should a few cannon be fired at us we can lurk in Clearwell caves or the free mines. Unlimited supplies of boar to eat as well as all the goodies from Waitrose in the freezers of all the incomers who will be herded into a ghetto in Gloucester.
    I shall set up my court at St Briavels castle where I can keep an eye on the Celts who may revert to previous tendencies and try to run off with our prettiest women/sheep.

oldnpastit

Unlimited supplies of boar to eat

Don’t eat the boar.

The Germans have found that their wild boar are badly contaminated with fallout from Chernobyl, as they tend to grub around in the earth where all the radioactive stuff collects.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Interesting reading on this subject is War Plan UK by Duncan Campbell.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Being based in the West Country

A fine example of what continuous and vigorous inbreeding can do for common sense.

IHN

Similar to above, I live about five miles from RAF Fairford, where all the B52s will be based.

I expect to be toasted to a crisp by a giant fireball before I’ve even had time to open a packet of marshmallows

ohnohesback
    Free Member

If you live that close you may be within the Ground Defence Area and so forcibly evicted in the build-up to war.

ninfan
    Free Member

Hmm, I suspect the only really defendable line down that half of the country would be the old taunton stop line from WW2

I’ve only got a couple of hundred rounds of Ammo in at the moment, but if you tip me the wink I’ll stock up before H hour.

binners

If , like me, you’re near a northern former mill town*, then if the third world war involves a clash of civilisations/religions, as predicted/lusted after by Al Qaeda/IS, then it really is going to get ****ing messy round here!

*is it compulsory they that they all have names beginning with the letter B

BigJohn

Being based in the West Country as far as I can tell

He’s not even certain where he lives.

IHN

If you live that close you may be within the Ground Defence Area and so forcibly evicted in the build-up to war.

What, to Swindon? I’d rather take my chances with the fireball.

wrecker
    Free Member

Nip it at the M5 south of bristol please? Ta.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Depends where I am, if in Town we’ll all be splashed to death by all the troops rowing up the Thames, though suspect they’ll all die fairly sharpish having been splashed by the mucky brown stuff tentatively called “river water”.
    If down South I’m between Pompey and Sotty so expect one helluva bang and blinding flash from my left, followed by a dowsing of Portsmouth Harbours finest estuary, if right goes first (doubtfull, not a lot to disable in Sotty that hasn’t already been obliterated) then I’ll get covered in oil from Hythes rather fetching refinery.

Is there a North above the M27 anyhoos? 😆

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Nuking Pompey is urban regeneration.

IHN

*is it compulsory they that they all have names beginning with the letter B

Like Brochdale and Boldham.

Pook

Blossop.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

bamsbottom

MisterT

I think you are forgetting that the Infinite Improbability Drive will be carted out for active duties… thus in all probability we will all turn into a cupful of liquid that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

so all will be well.

IHN

Bburnley

willard

Barnstaple?

As another East Anglian inhabitant (no webbed feet) that lives within a short bike ride of a couple of RAF stations, I too expect to be the recipient of Uncle Vlad’s finest in the even of a nuclear armageddon. I can’t even rely on him to have Hitler’s desire to keep Cambridge untouched, so I’m pretty ***ing ****ed both way I reckon.

Such is the way with nuclear war though. All we’ll have time to do when the 15 minute alarm goes off is grab that last coffee and wait for the flash. I hope the frothy milk thingy is working at the time though. I’d hate to be incinerated with a tepid flat white in my hand.

molgrips
    Free Member

Brochdale…! Lol!

Thread of the month!

Barnstaple?

Wait.. where’s Arnstaple? Never heard of it.

atlaz
    Free Member

anyone not from the region would be buggered if they tried to take any other route

That’s quite the threat.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Regional separatism during the third world war’ is closed to new replies.