Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • KS Lev installation.
  • vincienup
    Free Member

Being me, I had the post in the bike before finding the passage in the manual saying not to use grease, antisieze or friction paste only. Anyone know why no grease on outside of post? Will I die? Will my post?

wwaswas

no grease is to stop you over tightening the seat clamp to stop it slipping.

The outer tube on the Lev’s is quite thin and if you compress it too much the bushes distort and stop it working properly.

vincienup
    Free Member

Cool, so assuming I’ve not done up the collar like a monkey (haven’t…) then it’s not a functional problem? Won’t bother trying to surgically degrease post and inside of tube then… 🙂

Cheers!

dudeofdoom

Always a funnny one this but I had great fun removing a ks supernatural seatpost from a carbon frame – paint had bubbled on post and made it rather tight…always got plenty of assembly paste on hand after that giggle.

vincienup
    Free Member

Hm. Well thanks to the springy shim that seems to have been designed in, getting any post in or out of this frame is going to be annoying. Very glad it’s a dropper bike, I’d have been very seriously unhappy if I was planning to use post and qr for upto down bits. Contemplating bonding the shim in, but not sure that’s wise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev installation.’ is closed to new replies.