Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • KS Lev dropper rattling. Anyone else?
  • p7rich
    Free Member

My 30.9 125mm KS Lev is now about 2 years old now and it’s been faultless. My only gripe is it’s recently started rattling and it gets really annoying on long rough descents. It rattles because there’s play between the post and the main section that clamps in the frame. Anyone else successfully remedied this? Thought i’d check before i take it to pieces 😕 .

Post has been looked after but never serviced. The racket from the Nukeproof frame almost drowns out the dropper noise…but not quite.

matther01
    Free Member

Speak to jungle…and they’re really good at servicing and turn around has been less than a week in my case. Not sure how much it will cost tho.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There is a video online for strip down
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOYjhtPFZ4I&feature=youtu.be[/video]
    Sounds like the guides may not be right. Only thing that was needed to do the service was a strap wrench type thing.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Latteral play? (new top cap bushing) or rotational play? (clean and grease the sprag bearing).

p7rich
    Free Member

Onzadog – Member
    Latteral play? (new top cap bushing) or rotational play? (clean and grease the sprag bearing).

A bit of both i think! Any idea where spares come from (e.g. “top cap bushing”)??

thepurist

As above, Jungle are ks distributors now so they’re the first point of contact. If its just the guide bushings on the shaft that’s a quick diy fix,no harder than an air can service.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev dropper rattling. Anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.