Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • KS i7r – stiff remote
  • BoardinBob

First ride on my brand new KS i7r last night. No problem with it going up or down but the remote lever is far too stiff to push with just my thumb. I need the full force of my hand pushing on it. I’ve tried messing about with the cable tension but it makes no difference so I suspect the problem is at the actual seatpost. Trying to push the release switch on the seatpost by hand and it’s very stiff there.

Should it be this stiff or is there a problem? I was expecting a release like a remote poploc.

oink
    Free Member

sounds like a problem – is the lever at the seatpost end fitted correctly?

BoardinBob

Yeah it’s seated perfectly in the actual seatpost. Even if I remove the cable from the seatpost and try and push the release on the seatpost by hand, it’s far too stiff. Arsebiscuits. 👿

foxyrider
    Free Member

If its anything like my X-fusuion Hilo I would think its the cable – you dont need much friction in the cable mechanism for the lever to be stiff IMHO? – try it with a very short cable and outer off the bike and see?

The actuator lever on my Hilo pillar is very difficult to open by hand if that helps.

khani
    Free Member

I had to send mine back to ks’s uk distributer from new, a rebuild sorted it out ok
    Not uncommon apparently…

oink
    Free Member

have you tried fitting the non remote lever if you have it?

BoardinBob

Nah don’t have a non remote lever. I imagine that would be easier due to more leverage, but the mechanism at the lever is far too stiff. I’d send it back but it came from France and I CBA so I’ll have a fiddle over the weekend.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I did a partial breakdown of the Hilo which I based on the KS post if it helps – there is also a good KS article:

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/x-fusion-hilo-service.htm

http://www.watermanatwork.com/Land/Cycling/BikeShop/KSAdjSeatpost/KSAdjSeatpost.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘KS i7r – stiff remote’ is closed to new replies.