Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Krav Maga
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Any krav maga types on STW?

It looks interesting.

iDave
    Free Member

I know some stuff. Problem is that to learn it properly you have to do it 100% which is kind of painful. I’d like to do more in the future.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Did you attend a course or are you self taught?

iDave
    Free Member

taught by a mate who does it as part of his ‘work’. there’s a club near me but their training night clashes with other things I do

allthepies
    Free Member

I’d like to give it a go but finding local classes ain’t easy.

DickBarton

Bloke round the corner from me has a van all stickered up for it – think he does a course at the Peak in Stirling…

Hairychested
    Free Member

I tried it, felt great but also very painful. Will do more in the future as it appealed to me (the idea is 7 seconds and you’re done with the attacker, according to Eddie the Coach). There’s a bloke in Dublin who’s meant to be one of the very best in the world, some of his YouTube is too fast to notice.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZomSgUCw_Y[/video]

burmaboy
    Free Member

I do it once a week . I do one called urban krav maga which is more UK orientated ( less gun defense and more knife/baseball bat). I love it. Much more confident should I have to defend myself or friends.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve not done krav, but if that silly little staged and telegraphed movie up there is anything to go by, its evolved JKD/kali.

Given its origins and approach to techniques, its not surprising really.

iDave
    Free Member

that video is a bit crappy macho bullshit. not what I understand to be KM

Bear
    Free Member

that appears to be the biggest load of cr** of all time…

Hairychested
    Free Member

Military Krav is different to the non-military. I witnessed a Krav Maga coach being attacked by a couple of huge cage fighters leaving the gym. They had no idea who he was, it took a split second to realise their mistake. And to think Eddie considers himself an average instructor is plainly scary.
    All I know is military KM is similarly effective to sambo, just a bit more known. Or even systema:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7_dzu4TQDs[/video]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Krav Maga’ is closed to new replies.